Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by 1976Mustang

Original Post

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick Hey, I'm having the same issue as coco_mwg with DMing you. However, here is the Google Drive link for my save file with the same issue. All tasks checked off but gig never completes and no payment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-UdRuuHnOWhje1bE1gwxce4AxxIo4F_/view?usp=sharing
Message 31 of 553 (10,039 Views)

[OPEN] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack (save for the upcoming Star Wars pack)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim and have them pick any freelancer career and see if they can finish--and get paid for--the very gig they're trying to complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I accept a gig, I'll complete the objectives, but nothing else happens after that. I don't get paid and it doesn't go away until the submission date comes and goes, or I cancel it, at which I still lose work performance. One of the more recent gigs I've taken tasked me with created viruses, but when I make them, I suddenly my reputation moves into the negative--it never happened before, and when I click on the 'freelancer' tab on the computer, it says I still need to finish them, even when I try to, the task immediate disappears and Ikeep receiving notifications saying that I've done just that, but every time I click on the computer it keeps saying finish
What do you expect to see? Right before this update, I had no issues with the freelancer gig (especially considering they'd made a patch LAST YEAR that fixed this very issue once before, and now I'm right back where I started).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached are images of the above mention issue I'm having. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 32 of 553 (10,473 Views)

Freelancer career bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sept. 3, 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any freelancer career.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims complete each of the three tasks but the gig does not show as completed and no pay is given. I tested with freelance artist, programmer, and writer careers and was unable to complete any gigs with any of these careers. PLEASE FIX!!!!
What do you expect to see? The career panel should show the gig as completed, pay should be given, and two notifications should pop up about the completed gig. None of this is happening after most recent update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch on Sept. 3, 2020. The pre-Batuu game patch.

I don’t have game files to share at the moment since I’m on my mobile device. 

Message 33 of 553 (10,460 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

Hero
@babu4eva Can duplicate this.

@kaileaforever Merged your post in this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 553 (10,439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I complete the 3 tasks it gives me and all 3 columns glow gold like they would normally but then it just stops there. No notification, no payment. They just stay gold  and nothing happens. Frown this career was working fine until I updated my game for the latest patch. 

Message 35 of 553 (10,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Same problem. (Freelance progammer)

I test it with a new Save. If you finish the last Task the game creates a LE.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3d57af4057a7dd585f5267ce</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-09-04 18:15:47</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.66.139.1020-1.200.000.464.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_gig.py:922</categoryid><desyncid>3d57af4057a7dd585f5267ce</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 475, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3811, in _process_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 791, in process_one_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 944, in process_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 323, in remove_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 1143, in _remove_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 4993, in on_removed_from_si_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 5005, in _exited_pipeline&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6972, in _exited_pipeline&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6017, in _trigger_interaction_complete_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 266, in process_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 375, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 65, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_data_tracker.py", line 272, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 436, in complete_milestone&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 414, in satisfy_assignment&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2267, in gig_aspiration_completed&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2282, in _end_work_at_home_gig&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_gig.py", line 910, in get_pay&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_gig.py", line 922, in _set_final_pay_and_gratuity&#13;&#10;TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int'rtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 36 of 553 (10,000 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem since the last patch.

Message 37 of 553 (9,956 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★ Novice

Add me to the list. I have two Sims encountering this as of last night, both hit the issue at the same moment. One is a digital artist, the other a programmer. Both had completed several gigs before (Like in the past 30 IRL minutes), then they both suddenly can not complete the gigs. Everything is check marked, both the gigs won't clear out and give payment. I've canceled both gigs for them and had them move on, same thing. Had them both re-complete all tasks a second time, nothing. I even went as far as moving the household via the library into a new game save (For an unrelated reason), and still had the same problem.

Message 38 of 553 (9,935 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Also having the same problem since I updated the game yesterday

Message 39 of 553 (9,945 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

Hero
Just realized we got an older thread for that so merged new thread into old.

Seems it's now easily reproducible so no saves needed anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 553 (9,922 Views)