[FIXED] Freelancer/Actor/Decorator: No gigs via job panel

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: Open Auditions bug

★ Guide

I just hopped on here to report the exact same issue. 

It has been a while since I played with the acting career so I'm unsure of when it actually started but the exact same problem with me. I have no mods or CC in this particular save. I've got all packs and it has been updated to the current update. 

When I click on the button to try and see available auditions, nothing happens. It doesn't open the options like it normally does. I tried quitting and restarting the career. I've tried different agencies. It makes no difference. 

The button to see/go to auditions in the acting career is completely broken. 

Message 11 of 124 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

oh wow look like they're breaking the main feature from each pack left and right . I've tried it and my sims won't use the cell phone to check it like before the patch . 

Message 12 of 124 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this as well.

Message 13 of 124 (1,295 Views)

Interior Decorator Gigs not popping up!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dream Home Decorator, Cats & Dogs, Holiday Pack, Seasons (And Living Cottage?)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Interior Decorator career!
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try finding a gig, you try to click on the "search gigs" button, but for some reason, the window don't pop up.
What do you expect to see? At first I thought it was because my Sim has just joined the career, but I've seen other people clicking on it at same time when you enter the career, and the window pops up on the screen with the gigs!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried repairing the game already, and resetting the game too! 
But it did not work either way...

The gigs window doesn't want to show up no matter what!
I bought the expansion today, and never tried doing gigs work before the expansion "Dream Home Decorator"

(I tried providing videos, but I am having trouble to upload!)

Message 14 of 124 (1,291 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I see this too with my sim who is an actor, it doesn't work if you use the work tab, but it works for me when I look for a gig from the phone menu. 

Open Photo

Open Photo

There is another bug report re this same thing happening for freelance and DHD careers, all of which use gigs, here's the link. 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-No-gigs-via-job-panel/m-p/10526019#M190202

Best regards,

Jennifer

No mods/cc, PC: 1.77.131.1030

Message 15 of 124 (1,264 Views)

Hero
@radioactiivguy Since this is the same as the freelancer issue, I merged this with the existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 124 (1,251 Views)

Re: Freelancer gig bug

★★★★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 I didn't realize that so thank you for the information, I now have a gig Standard smile
Message 17 of 124 (1,209 Views)

Can’t look or cancel a gig

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion, game and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By becoming an interior decorator or actress and trying to look for gigs by clicking the clipboard in career. After selecting a gig through phone you can’t cancel it in career either afterwards.
What happens when the bug occurs? The select a gig options won’t appear by clicking the clipboard in career to look for gigs. Only by using the phone by selecting check for gigs can you see the available gigs and select one. I can’t cancel the gig afterwards either after I’ve selected one through the phone
What do you expect to see? To see the gigs options when clicking the clipboard in career and to be able to cancel a gig in career after selecting one
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did have cc and mods and installed the first time this happened but I disabled the enable custom content and mods option afterwards and when I tried it on another save file the same thing happened. It happened with the interior decorator career and actress career.

Message 18 of 124 (1,201 Views)

Re: Freelancer gig bug

★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 Thanks for the tip
Message 19 of 124 (1,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer/Actor: No gigs via job panel

★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 But I am on a PC, and I have only tried DHD. I don't have My First Pet Stuff, Journey to Batu, the Supernatural Stuff, or any of the kits. I have no mods or cc installed.
Message 20 of 124 (1,148 Views)