[FIXED] Framed paintings in uploads get lost

by ju1ka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Framed paintings in uploads get lost

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just wanted to make note of the fact framed paintings upload as unframed in lots on the gallery.

Message 1 of 16 (1,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Framed paintings in uploads

Hero

• Sculpted objects and Framed Paintings and Photos will now retain their sculpt and frames when a lot containing them has been download from the gallery.

This should be fixed in patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,014 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Still with mods in (doesn't matter how minor they are, need you to test without). Read my sticky on why.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,004 Views)

★ Guide

Okay I temporarily removed all my mods, and created a lot to show all 3 of my problems.

This is the lot I made: 4 framed paintings, mood-based sculptures (1 of each style, all moods, created by my sim, not pulled from Debug) and a bunch of food Debug stuff.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/e357e3dde7f951626d8c59f23a672156/tumblr_nml47eRrXh1t0jfq2o1_1280.png

Saved to library. Placing on the same lot, no mods, MOO is off:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/701616cd5f00e9855c19975c64b6c233/tumblr_nml47eRrXh1t0jfq2o2_1280.png

I can place the saved lot 100 times and 100 times the woodworking sculptures will change. Also tried with "bb.showhiddenobjects" cheat NOT ON, WW sculptures still change.

Do you want me to give you the tray files for the lot?

Message 3 of 16 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Just paintings or photos as well ? I tested with photos, those were fine for me. Don't have any painted pictures atm to try.

Does it always happen ?

EDIT: Added to Gallery Issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (998 Views)

★ Guide

Ah found this thread! Haven't tested photographs, but if you have and they work fine, it must only affect paintings. Yeah it happens every time, on any lot I ever tested.

I have a small lot with all paintings uploaded to Gallery. My ID is ju1ka. You could test them if you'd like.

Message 5 of 16 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I assume they all had frames when you uploaded it ? 

EDIT: Totally reproducible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (986 Views)

★ Guide

Nope they did not, but it's easy to test. :-)

By the way, I was just working with photographs, saved a room with 2 so I can transfer them onto a build I'm working on, and they became unframed as well.

Message 7 of 16 (981 Views)

Hero

Weird. Maybe I should try with my own paintings then. Cause I was able to reproduce with your paintings but not with my photographs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (979 Views)

Hero

@ju1ka

Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (934 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is still an issue for me, was this ever resolved? Any lot/room I download from the gallery or library loses its frames, including my own houses with my own sim photographs in my own library. 

No mods, no cc, clean game.

Message 10 of 16 (909 Views)