Re: Found a major bug involving sim characters

by Zentripetal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Found a major bug involving sim characters

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I created a Sim weeks ago using the base of one of the maxis Guru Sims, Steve Something, (the blond chubby guy with the hat). I changed his nose, his hair, clothes etc. He was then the husband to one of my playable sims.

Today, I decided to add the real Steve Whatever into the game with his wife. They were set as unplayables. I went and played my regualr family. I look and I see the husband (who was based off of Steve Whatever) now LOOKS like Steve Whatever and has his NAME.

I quickly change over to the family that is messed up, and the husband is gone.

I know there is a disappearing sims bug, but this seems more related to the fact that I used a sim as a base, then added the base into the game and the game thought they were the same person??

I will try to reproduce it, but this sucks. Lost her husband.

Message 1 of 4 (676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

This is sounds different then the disappearing Sim bug. I think there's a problem if you add the same Sim to your game twice (even if it's a variation)

I'll add your report since there were similar ones but I'm unsure if I have them on the list or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (679 Views)

All Replies

Hero

This is sounds different then the disappearing Sim bug. I think there's a problem if you add the same Sim to your game twice (even if it's a variation)

I'll add your report since there were similar ones but I'm unsure if I have them on the list or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (680 Views)

Hero

This bug is hopefully fixed now with patch 1.0.797.20

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (563 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me today.  I just started playing this game less than a week ago.  Today I started a new character using the first sim from my gallery that I created as a base, but modifying the body and traits, and renaming her.  I had already been playing the original sim who had an established family of 6 and had built up a lot of skills.  The new sim was going to be a single person focusing on a career.  After playing the new sim for a bit, I went to check on my old one and noticed that the new sim had replaced her in the portrait and when I tried to play that family, the new sim had indeed replaced the old sim, name and all, except she wasn't in the house.  It just showed her picture at the bottom faded out, but couldn't be played.

I tried adding the original version of the sim from the gallery to the house, but that just changed both versions back to the oringinal, showed two of them living in the first one's house, one of them in the new sim's house, and made both houses unplayable.  When I tried to play them, it would kick me back to the world.  

Finally, I kicked the newest one out of the family home and deleted her to get it back to one and I deleted my new career sim.  I checked my original sim's household and she was totally gone and none of her family even remembered her.  I tried again to add a new copy of the original sim into that household.  It partially worked.  It shows her husband as her husband and her kids as her kids, but she's starting everything from square one.  She has no skills, no friends, and none of the experiences she had before.  At least I got her back and can build her back up, but now she's a generation younger than her husband and no longer knows how to cook all the cool things she used to for her family.  And even though she has a set of twins and a set of triplets, today she woohoo'd for the first time.  I wish I could reset my whole game back to earlier in the day before I ever created the career sim.  It wasn't worth losing my old one.

I hope that all made sense.

Message 4 of 4 (430 Views)