Original Post

Re: Stored Inventories (fridge/bookcase) Empty When Moving

Hero

Hi @mecaka

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (2,135 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

I just moved my family and the new fridge was still full of food from the old house. 

Message 12 of 22 (2,096 Views)

★★★★ Guide
There is a workaround to this: Bring all the food and the books into their personal inventories! :D
Message 13 of 22 (2,086 Views)

Items disappear from household inventory

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place items in the Ornate Beauty chest (or I assume any other chest). Put the chest in the household inventory. Move the household to a different lot and place the chest. Place a bookshelf with books in household inventory, then move the household to a different lot. Place a fridge with harvestables/food in it in the household inventory, then move the household to a different lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? All items in the chest/bookshelf/fridge are gone after being placed from household inventory after moving.
What do you expect to see? I expect items to stay where they are, and not vanish after moving the household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have searched for this issue but haven't found anything that matches my search. If I have overlooked something, I'm sorry.

In my current save, I moved a sim from Forgotten Hollow to San Myshuno. From previous experience I placed books and harvestables from the fridge in her personal inventory, otherwise I feared they would be gone. I forgot, however, to empty the Ornate Beauty chest (I just put it in household inventory), which was full of collectibles: Frogs, metal, crystals, fossils, plants, authenticated and not authenticated/uncovered relics/artifacts and 5-6 rare treasures from Selvadorada. Probably a few other items as well, that I can't remember. When I placed the chest after moving into the new home, it was empty. Everything in it was gone, things I've spent a sim year collecting.

I usually don't move my sims that often, so haven't really seen this issue before (except the fridge/bookcase being empty once).

Message 14 of 22 (2,062 Views)

Re: Items disappear from household inventory

Hero
Hi @Kathykins

chests have been reported before also but I guess not in this thread.

Food and bookcases are covered here so I merged with this.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (2,048 Views)

★★★ Guide
Thank you, Crinrict! I clearly didn't search well enough Standard smile
Message 16 of 22 (2,043 Views)

Hero
It's fine. It's sometimes not easy if you don't know what words were used :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (2,032 Views)

Hero
Does anyone still see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (1,879 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict I haven't seen this in quite some time now. In the save I am currently playing, I've done at least three moves and everything has transferred to the new lot just fine.

I will point out, though, that these moves have all been from a house to another house. I am not playing any sims in apartments in this save and it was an apartment to apartment move where I first encountered the issue. If nobody responds with apt. to apt. working okay soon, I'll switch out save files to see if working correctly under that circumstance.
Message 19 of 22 (1,853 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict I switched out saves and did an apt. to apt. move. Every thing transferred correctly. This appears to be fixed in my game.
Message 20 of 22 (7,197 Views)