Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Food/Books/Stuff in chests don't transfer when moving

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All released content installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Moved Jang family from 121 Hakim to 1010 Alto
What happens when the bug occurs? Food and Vampire tome didn't transfer to new lot. Also, two of the sim's written books that had been in the bookcase were zapped out of existence. I did move an unplayed sim into the Hakim apt. and confirmed that the food left behind was still in the old fridge and the Vampire tome that didn't transfer was still in the Hakim apt. bookcase.
What do you expect to see? Food and books to properly transfer to new lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Updating thread to add new template as issue reared its head in a save again yesterday, 1/19/18.  Save was started after installing Cats and Dogs but move occurred prior to installing Laundry Day SP.  Earlier in this save a move from a Willow Creek house to BB didn't have a food or book transfer problem.  This is the first apt. to apt. move, as well as the first move since installing the 1/11/18 patch.  No new pics added as they would have been the same, i.e. empty fridge in new apt. and food left behind in fridge at the apt. from which they moved.

Issue

Moving from an apartment to a Newcrest home, food that was in the fridge in the apt. didn't transfer.  It was left behind in the apt. fridge.  I know because I moved another household into the apt. to check and it was there.  I guess the food that was in the fridge from the apt. the new occupants moved from was also left behind because it didn't transfer.  The only food in the fridge of their new apt. is that of the old tenants. 

I also had an earlier incident when I moved a sim from a house in WB in with another sim I hadn't played before, also in WB.  In that instance, I thought the food hadn't transferred because the new fridge was empty but several days later when I went into the household inventory, it contained food.  Dragging it from the household inventory to a counter caused each and every food item to just disappear as it was placed. Yes, each item literally vanished as I dragged and placed onto an island counter.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Moved sims that had food that had been cooked and/or drinks made on a portable bar to new residences.

Picture

Two attached.  The first shows empty fridge with no food transferred with move from apt. in SM to house in Newcrest.  Second pic shows food left behind in their SM apt. that was present when I moved sims from another apt. into their old apt..

I'm also attaching a lastException file but don't think it has to do with the food.  I didn't get one in the play session in which I moved the sims from SM to Newcrest but did get one next play session moving the sim household into the apt. they moved from.  It contains the word mailbox in it and I did see mail put into their box while a welcome wagon was present.  When I sent the new occupant to the box there wasn't an option to pay rent, just get mail.  It did show bills in her inventory but the only option was discard.  Hope it's helpful in some regard.

Where does the bug occur ?

This is a save I started a few days after installing CL and because of another issue, I did a repair game several days ago.

Mods/CC

Vanilla game

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All content released to date

Occurring since

City Life installation, I think

Operating system

Win 10 Home, fully updated

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 22 (7,462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Items disappear from household inventory

★ Pro
@crinrict I switched out saves and did an apt. to apt. move. Every thing transferred correctly. This appears to be fixed in my game.

View in thread

Message 20 of 22 (7,196 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Food Transfer Issues When Moving

★ Pro

Back with another food transfer issue but there is a twist on this move.  I decided to move the Bro household in WB to Newcrest.  After the move I sent Joaquin to the fridge and the food that had been in the WB house was present.  I thought everything had worked fine and that perhaps my prior issue/s was/were a fluke.  Then, however, I opened the household inventory to place a couple of items that had been there into what should be their final home.  Much to my surprise, I saw the fridge from the WB house was in the inventory.  What?!  I had sold the furniture and nothing else from the old house was there.  I checked the old house in build mode from the manage worlds screen and sure enough, the fridge was missing from it.

I've not had this happen before.  BTW, I did note that the house in Newcrest I moved the Bro household to did have the exact same style of refrigerator in it.  I don't know if that played a part in what happened, or, if the results would have been different had it contained a different style fridge as has been the case in my prior reported issues.

I also moved another family into the WB house to see if any kind of reset would occur that would replace the fridge but no, the fridge was absent.  The new household also  contained 3 collectible frogs in their household inventory.  Why, I don't know. To my knowledge the family hadn't collected any frogs, lol.  Totally bizarre.

I did replace the fridge for the new family and play for a short bit.  After saving and exiting the game, I put this save and its backup versions into a .rar.  If QA would like to look at it, I will be glad to upload it.  I did rename version 4 of the saves to .save and it is prior to moving the Bro household to the Newcrest house, thus enabling the ability to see if the issue can be replicated.  I changed it back to version 4 before putting into the .rar so the save and backups would be in the correct order.

Message 2 of 22 (7,251 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO ADD] Food Transfer Issues When Moving

★ Apprentice

I had this as well. I don't know about some of the details you went into. I just know that food and fruits and vegetables got put into household inventory during the move process. When I try to drag it out and place it on the new lot, it vanishes as soon as I let go of it. Same thing happened with the fruits and vegetables. They just disappear when placed. If I try to drag a fruit to a planter it will sometimes stay and can be planted and sometimes it vanishes.

Another thing that happens is that any books that were placed in household inventory during the move vanish when I try to drag them out and place them on the lot. If you had a bunch of books that got placed in household inventory during the move and you want to keep them you better just make a list of what they had, sell them and buy them again from the bookshelf. Books a Sim has written should probably be placed in a Sim's personal inventory BEFORE the move cause they'll be unrecoverable if they end up in household inventory.

My game is un-modded and I have every pack up through City Living.

Message 3 of 22 (7,217 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Food Transfer Issues When Moving

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (7,203 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Food Transfer Issues When Moving

★★★★ Novice

This doesn't seem to be constricted to "just" the fridge, but also seems to happen to your books.

During my first move the only books that I had in the new appartment were those fromthe childs book case I newly bough for the appartment.

All he skill books I had bought in the first appartment vanished.

Then, when I had my second move (out of the city) I didn't buy any new bookshelf ... the result is, that my bookshelves are totally empty.

I should add that this is in addition to the vaishing food from the fridge ... in both moves all fridge content vanished as well

Message 5 of 22 (7,109 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

All same here and I'd like to add that it seems to happen with bookshelves, too. I'm playing the Movin' On Up Challenge (which requires that you take all furniture with you when moving) and bookshelves are also void of any book inventory once I arrive at the new apartment. In addition, I can no longer "drag and drop" items into the fridge or bookshelf; Sims must put things away.  You mention co-habitating with a townie and now I'm wondering if it happened after I moved in Penny Pizzazz or before. Just wanted to mention that in the event it may be a trigger for the glitch. I can usually fix the problem by purchasing new items with each move, but this violates the rules of the challenge(!). Playing with a vanilla game as well. Thank you.

Message 6 of 22 (7,055 Views)

★ Pro

Bumping for Crinrict's attention as issue has reoccurred in my current save.  If it's on the current compiled bug list, I didn't see it and honestly didn't expect to.  I thought this was fixed.  I edited to update with the new template.

Message 7 of 22 (6,729 Views)

Hero
Added this back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (6,663 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I thought this was by design because the items in storage inventories never moved with my other things, yet they still remained in the old place when someone else has moved in there and placed the same storage item. That means the new household gets to keep those items instead.
Message 9 of 22 (6,543 Views)

Stored Inventories (fridge/bookcase) Empty When Moving

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, the free Holiday Stuff Pack, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household ready to move, with a bookcase containing books, a refrigerator containing food/crops, a toybox containing toys, and/or a flower arranging table containing flowers. Move the household from one lot to another and KEEP the furniture. Do not necessarily need to move to a different world. [I saw this moving from a Spice Market Apartment to a Fashion District Apartment and from the second apartment to a Newcrest lot]. Place the aforementioned items on the
What happens when the bug occurs? The bookcase, refrigerator, toybox, and/or flower arranging table will no longer contain the items you had before. You have to repurchase the toys and books you owned and you're straight out of luck regarding meals, crops, and flowers.
What do you expect to see? The stored inventories in furniture I own to stay with my household upon moving when keeping furniture. This is the behavior I saw up until a week ago.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Regarding the patch, it was happening before the 08/16/2018 patch. I do not know when it may have started as I had not moved a household and kept furniture recently. I do not have any screenshots but I have a vanilla save where I can screengrab the full/empty inventories.

Message 10 of 22 (6,423 Views)