Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fishing with bait in Pond: Bait list is greyed out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to fish with bait in the pond
What happens when the bug occurs? With the new pond options and stocking fishing you cannot fish with bait. The list will pull up but they are all greyed out and will not let you select any. The fish here sign also needs to be in the water
What do you expect to see? I expected to be able to use my bait to fish still
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the patch to add things and fix glitches that sims creator did

With the new pond options and stocking fishing you cannot fish with bait. The list will pull up but they are all greyed out and will not let you select any. The fish here sign also needs to be in the water to actually stock the pond. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag to title

Message 1 of 12 (7,340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Fishing with bait in Pond: Bait list is greyed out

Hero

Sometimes you can’t get away to fish in the ocean, in a river, or a local barrel of fish and all you have is a pond stocked with fish. With bait on the line, your Sims will be able to cast their line into the pond and maybe they’ll get a bite or two.

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (2,511 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

FishWithBait.pngThis is my pond. I don't know if that matters. If you have any work arounds let me know! I'm playing all packs. I just refreshed my files to kill the no bills bug. I tried with a maxed skill angler as a test. 

Message 2 of 12 (6,822 Views)

★ Guide
I can not fish with bait either. But fishing without goes well.
Message 3 of 12 (6,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ladywilk1 I was having the same problem, but I just discovered that if I go fishing in the base game world, I can fish with bait!
Message 4 of 12 (6,598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. Hope it get fixed

Message 5 of 12 (6,367 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ladywilk1 I've had the same problem as well [took a long break, but got back into the game] and this was the first pond I had put on my Sims property.
Message 6 of 12 (6,325 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I have this too. I can only fish with bait on a community lot not at a household pond.

PS4 - All Packs 

Message 7 of 12 (6,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this still supposed to be happening?  I have been playing for about a month and a half now with now problem.  Now I'm level 7 fishing and moved to my first lot that had its own pond.  Now I can't fish with bait ANYWHERE!  GRRR

Message 8 of 12 (5,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I figured out a fix.

If you enable the bb.moveobjects and bb.showhiddenobjects cheats you can access the **debug** fishing sign if you search 'fish' in the items search bar. Place this at the edge of your pond and use it to fish as if it were a public pond. Keep the lighter sign for restocking.

If your sim doesn't want to interact with the debug sign just reposition if until they can. 

Standard smile 

Message 9 of 12 (4,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, odd thing is I have one Sim in the household that can fish with bait at my home pond, but another Sim in the household can not. The one that cannot is actually a fisherman by trade. wondered if it was an item in their inventory issue. So took it all out and moved it to the other person's inventory. nothing changed. is it a sims trait feature??? 

Message 10 of 12 (4,612 Views)