First person camera mode blocked by head-based accessories?

by akb080813

Original Post

Re: First Person mode glitched

★★ Novice

Hello, experts

I've tried removing the Mod folder / repairing game / clearing cash too. It's not fixed in my case.

Here're my specs

OS 10.13.6

• Mac model : Retina 13-inch. early 2015
  • Processor 2.5ghz intel core i5
  • Memory (RAM) 8G 
  • Graphics Iris 6100 1536mb
  • Are you running any antivirus? No
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game.

Yes. It doesn't work.

• Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

No, I don't use Mods. I've tried removing even the Mods folder. It doesn't fix my problem.

I've got a more hilarious screenshot, showing my pet's mouth. :D

Message 21 of 42 (2,672 Views)

@adambrown_1982

Nice! Thanks for the info. Could you see if changing in-game graphics settings makes a difference at all? Maybe try with and without retina enabled and laptop mode?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 42 (2,664 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I have this glitch as well, but it's on a PC laptop. I tried deleting the cache, etc (Millie Bobbie Brown finally turned up instead of Jasmine, so I know the clearing worked for something - hehe), but this one...IDK. I have my settings on medium, except for the distance.
Message 23 of 42 (2,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Here's a workaround you can try for the time being:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1062839586106179585

Mac users - https://bluebellflora.com/2018/11/15/sims-4-bug-teeth-and-eyes-showing-in-first-person-view/

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 42 (9,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks! The workaround on twitter is effective!

I didn’t remove the line, instead changed it to false. Now it works like a charm!

Thanks everyone. Now I’m waiting for an official fix.

Message 25 of 42 (2,509 Views)

@adambrown_1982

Do you mind if I use the picture you linked on my web article about this? Full credit of course Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 26 of 42 (2,465 Views)

★★ Novice

Haha, not at all. Feel free to use it. Thanks again for the effort!

Message 27 of 42 (2,425 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I never use Mods, so I know it's not a Mod problem. I already know that my graphics card capabilities are awful. I just barely met the minimum requirements. I don't intend to play in first person view often, so it's really not a big deal for me. I'm only here because I just wanted to see if my problem was a common bug/glitch that came with the update.

Message 28 of 42 (2,353 Views)

First person camera mode blocked by head-based accessories?

★★ Novice

Hello.

So, after the patch on the 13th which added the first person camera mode, I noticed a few things. A few of my sims I have wear head-based accessories such as glasses and a mask. When going into first person camera mode I noticed the one with the mask does not disappear like the one with the glasses did. (the mask is in the glasses category) I tested this out with other cc I have that covers the face in some way and all of them seem to disappear when going into first person whereas the one I created does not. I am completely stumped on what could cause this. Any help would be appreciated ^^

Message 29 of 42 (2,292 Views)

Re: First person camera mode blocked by head-based accessories?

Hero

Hi @akb080813

this is a known issue for Intel Chips. I've merged your post with existing thread. Please try the workaround in the solution post for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 42 (2,270 Views)