First Person mode glitched

by Vivi_WillowTree

Original Post

Re: First Person mode is blocked by teeth / skull / hair

@PeanutShell1016

I've merged your post with this one from the bug forum. As you can see it is Mod related.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 42 (4,056 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know if you saw my message (it said I'd sent too many for some reason?) but after completely removing the mods and repairing the game, the problem *seemed* fixed, but it is *not* fixed. It seems to happen for a few minutes every time I go through a loading screen, and I haven't figured out how I've been getting it to go away so far.

Message 12 of 42 (4,047 Views)

@keroseneheart  Bluebellflora doesn't accept or reply to PMs, if that's the message you're referencing.  With the time difference, you'll likely have to wait until tomorrow for a response.  In the meantime, it would be very helpful if you could keep track of when this happens, and when it stops, to see if there is in fact a pattern.  And please also provide your computer's specs, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 42 (4,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry to jump back into this conversation randomly, but I've tried mostly everything. I tried turning off mods, taking out my mods folder, repairing the game, repairing the game without mods molder, and clearing cache. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peanut

Message 14 of 42 (4,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK. Specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

As I said before, there are no longer any mods, the game has been repaired, and the cache has been cleared. I've done it twice. Short of re-installing the game, I don't know what to do. I will keep an eye on things like you said and try to notice patterns. I'll update this tomorrow.

Message 15 of 42 (4,022 Views)

Re: Sims 4 November patch - What you need to know

★★ Novice

Hello, experts,

I'm running on Mac. After upgrade the first person camera shows me the sim's teeth\eye lids\mouse, etc. I tried several sims, whose situations are the same. Can you help advise? I'm not using any mod nor script.

Samples are attached bellow.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 42 (4,119 Views)

Re: Sims 4 November patch - What you need to know

★ Novice

Dear god that picture is the single most terrifying thing I have ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes upon.

Message 17 of 42 (4,091 Views)

First Person mode glitched

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into first person mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? You see their face shadows in first person mode
What do you expect to see? only what im looking at like everyone who doesn't have this glitch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 13, 2018 patch caused this

11-13-18_8-45-21 PM.png11-13-18_8-43-55 PM.png11-13-18_8-44-56 PM.png

Message 18 of 42 (4,074 Views)

Re: First Person mode glitched

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @TheEmExplosion and @Vivi_WillowTree

merged your posts with existing thread.

Could you both post your graphics card models ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 42 (3,975 Views)

Re: First Person mode glitched

@PeanutShell1016 @adambrown_1982

Can you please provide full specs. of your Mac as previously asked for. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 20 of 42 (3,957 Views)