Re: [OPEN] Fireplaces/Campfires wont light

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Have you heard any update on the issue? Having the same problem here, and right after the June 19th update as well.

Message 31 of 41 (1,036 Views)

Hero
It's a known issue but there's been no ETA for for a fix

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 41 (1,023 Views)

Hero

• We addressed an issue where fireplaces wouldn’t remain lit. Now, they should remain lit, and if they could talk, they would probably tell their friends “come thru, it’s lit.” Because it’ll literally be lit.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.83

If anyone could verify the campfires for me, that be great 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 41 (7,359 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Cheats

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

There was a patch.

They gave us back a few of the cheats but not all of them. Please use mods for all your other cheating needs.

Explanation from the Patch Notes

In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:
stats.set_skill_level
stats.set_stat
sims.fill_all_commodities
stats.fill_commodities_household

I read the patch notes, they said they also fixed the bug where fireplaces would now stay lit, but that's not the case - they don't still. 

Message 34 of 41 (1,176 Views)

Hero
@BladexDragon I've tested the fires with disabled seasons and they all work for me (fireplace, campfire, bonfire). They didn't before (also with disabled Seasons as I had early access).

Could you try repairing your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 41 (1,134 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I've installed the update which fixed the fireplaces bug, but my campfires won't stay light. I don't know if it's because the weather is cold, but I think that, if the weather is cold, you SHOULD be able to light a fire. It's not raining, so maybe the fire should be there? Maybe it's just the new game features, but it's very annoying if the weather is cold and you can't keep the fire burning.

What happens is, I am able to light a fire in a cold weather, but it doesn't stay lit. It's not windy, just cold. It's lights up, and in a few seconds, it stops the fire.

Message 36 of 41 (985 Views)

Hero
I had no issues with the camp fires when I tested a few hours ago but I tried with seasons disabled. So yeah, maybe it is the code. Can you try again when it's different weather ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 41 (979 Views)

★ Novice

I tried when they got back home when it was hot, and it worked. It just seems strange that your seems can't light the campfire when it's cold. It cuts half of the use for it.

Message 38 of 41 (971 Views)

Hero
It does. It's a bit weird.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 41 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@BladexDragonI've tested the fires with disabled seasons and they all work for me (fireplace, campfire, bonfire). They didn't before (also with disabled Seasons as I had early access).

Could you try repairing your game ?

@crinrict Very sorry for the late response (I've had lack of sleep the past week and needed a very long nap lol) BUT, the ONLY fireplace that didn't stay lit was the one that came with Pets. I don't have Seasons yet. I use NO MODS or cc either. However, before I read your reply to try and repair the game -- I did a repair (still didn't stay lit -- so I repaired again -- and so far seems to be working again. 

Message 40 of 41 (968 Views)