Re: Sims 4 Fire Not lighting after new update

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 Fire Not lighting after new update

★★ Novice

I just updated my game (21/6/18) and I went to light my fire in-game, it wouldn’t light and I tried with multiple sims, i deleted the fire and placed a new one and I tried the same with a different model, this hasn’t worked and it was working before so it is something to do with the new update.

please fix this because I like my game to be as realistic as possible and when sims 4 seasons comes out tomorrow I would like to have a fire during winter and autumn. 

Message 21 of 41 (1,205 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

This is a known issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 41 (1,196 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fireplaces wont light

★ Novice

SAME HERE

Message 23 of 41 (1,199 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Launasha,

Merged your post to a thread where other players are reporting the same. Wink

Thanks everyone for your reports!
-Mai
Message 24 of 41 (1,185 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fireplaces wont light

★★★★ Novice

Started yesterday, no fireplace works anywhere in game.  Just the attempt made by the sim, and the fireplace just goes poof in attempt to light but does not light up or stay lit.  Tried in several neighborhoods and with different fireplaces.

Message 25 of 41 (1,169 Views)

Re: What's going on???

★★★★★ Novice

Found another update bug/broke, after the June 19th game update BOTH fireplace's and camp fires no longer light.

Message 26 of 41 (1,164 Views)

Re: What's going on???

Hero

Hi @BladexDragon

moved your post over to the thread about the fireplaces.

Thanks for reporting the camp fires as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 41 (1,151 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fireplaces/Campfires wont light

★★ Novice

Having the same issue, fire lighting up animation plays, and then the fire is not lit.

Additionally after this happened, all sims on lot were trapped doing the same activity they were doing at the moment of fire lighting. They could continue to queue up other activities and their moods etc would change, but their animations were stuck on repeat.

Deleting the fireplace resolved this issue.

No mods were being used at the time.

Message 28 of 41 (1,099 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Fireplaces wont light

★★★ Newbie

I don’t think it’s seasons because i don’t have the game yet. i believe it may be the update because i’m having the same issue and only have a few of the stuff/game packs. I thought it was just my sim at first but then i realized i wasn’t the only one having this issue when i did research. i was really about to be like “My sim really can’t light a fire after 8 try’s? Like dang girl” xD

Message 29 of 41 (1,071 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Fireplaces wont light

Hero
Seasons actually fixes this bug. So it's there without Seasons, but gone without (no reason to buy it because of that)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 41 (1,063 Views)