Re: [OPEN] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

by milliemcintyre

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MOO RELATED] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

i mentioned this one time while creating the garden area behind an del sol valley house. i had to restart without save the game and gave attention not to hit a fence with the gates i wanted to place. then it worked. but had nothing to do with strangerville or build/buy items from it

Message 11 of 51 (2,854 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My problem was not nearly this persistent. I don't want anyone to think they should quit without saving (Save As!!). What worked for me was simply restarting the game (save, quit, reload).

Message 12 of 51 (2,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@simmerLella

You don't have to quit without saving.

If you grab a gate and hover it over a fence without placing it, it will glitch the fence and you'll have trouble "seeing" the fence on most of the lot. It will also break fences on other lots.

So, if you draw a fence and parts of it are invisible, just save and exit the game, clear the game's cache, and re-load. The fences you placed will be back.

This doesn't fix the problem, it just makes the fences re-appear. If you drag another gate over a fence, it'll just happen again.

The bug needs to be fixed. Clearing the cache just temporarily fixes your lots.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 51 (2,795 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

★★★ Apprentice

There was a fix in another thread that grabbing a gate from the build menu and just hovering it over the invisible bits of the fence then hitting delete caused the fence to put away its invisibility cloak. It's worked for me so far. This is also the first time I've experienced this bug in sims 4. 

Game version 1.65.77.1020, MOO enabled.

Message 14 of 51 (2,699 Views)

Sims 4 Gate and fence issue

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and dogs, Island living, tiny living and laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I made a fence and tried placing a gate. I deleted the fence, tried replacing and a "gap" appears where the gate was placed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gates are visible until placed over a fence. Gate is invisible after placed. Deleting and replacing fence still results in a gap after.
What do you expect to see? A visible gate or after deleted a fence in its place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but all has been deleted.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2020 Patch Update w/ platforms and half walls. Removed all mods and CC before update.

Message 15 of 51 (1,226 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gate and fence issue

★ Novice

11-15-20_2_10_03 PM.png11-15-20_2_10_03 PM.pngscreenshots

Message 16 of 51 (1,182 Views)

Fences around platform turn invisible and parts vanish

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Batuu and Grim's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build various levels of platform within a room, put a fence around one of the levels, have stairs adjacent to the fenced level (but not leading into that platformed room).
What happens when the bug occurs? When I build a platform within a room and try to put a fence around the platform fence becomes invisible. This happens about 90% of the time, with or without stairs near the platform. A separate but related bug is that when there is a platform inside a room and stairs are adjacent to that platform, and you put a fence around the platform, part of the fence disappears near the stairs (100% of the time), then about 80% of the time, the remainder of the fence becomes invisible. In both cases, the fence is there but invisible. Sometimes just the posts remain while the rest is invisible. Some combination of this issue happens 90-100% of the time.
What do you expect to see? I expect the fence to stay around the entire platform, with or without stairs, and not vanish with or without stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after platforms were added.

When I build a platform within a room and try to put a fence around the platform fence becomes invisible. This happens about 90% of the time, with or without stairs near the platform.

A separate but related bug is that when there is a platform inside a room and stairs are adjacent to that platform, and you put a fence around the platform, part of the fence disappears near the stairs (100% of the time), then about 80% of the time, the remainder of the fence becomes invisible.

In both cases, the fence is there but invisible. Sometimes just the posts remain while the rest is invisible.

Some combination of this issue happens 90-100% of the time.

Message 17 of 51 (2,511 Views)

Re: Fences around platform turn invisible and parts vanish

★ Guide

I reported the issue involving invisible platforms and foundations as well. Seems to be a new glitch introduced with the latest patch.

Message 18 of 51 (1,428 Views)

@bwetzler

Do you think it is this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Fences-disappear-when-hovering-with-gate/m-p/8683068

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 19 of 51 (1,427 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, thanks for sharing this. It may be related, but this is not happening across all lots like this post says. It happens like 90% of the time then randomly the reappear then disappear again.

Message 20 of 51 (1,378 Views)