Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fence Disappearing, Posts Remain

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get together, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, backyard stuff, spooky stuff, kids room stuff, cool kitchen stuff, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build fence (tall wooden one (forgot name)), try to place gate (i placed too small one, then two taller ones).
What happens when the bug occurs? I built a fence (tall wooden one), tried to place a gate that was too short then switched to a taller one then to another tall one, every fence section I hovered over with this gate (tall one with iron railing stuff inside (next to tall wooden gate)) the fence glitches and only the posts appear, the wooden plank fence part in middle disappears. Even after I deleted the fence and tried to rebuild it, it stayed that way.
What do you expect to see? I hover/place a gate and the fence simply connects to it, no disappearing middle sections.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just downloaded the November 7/8th, 2017 patch and was building a castle with the new roofs. I had built a fence and placed a gate earlier (after update patch) just fine.

I am not sure if the screenshot upload worked. Let me know. Also this is the first time seeing this bug.

Message 1 of 16 (24,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Fence Disappearing, Posts Remain

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict It seems to be working now, both with moveobjects on and with it off.

View in thread

Message 9 of 16 (23,596 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Sims 4] Fence Disappearing, Posts Remain

Hero

Could you try the pic again ? I can't see anything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (24,522 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is probably our old issue that comes and goes (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/MOO-RELATED-FIXED-Invisible-Fencing/m-p/5112853#M21047).  The issue is typically experienced when you have bb.moveobjects turned on, so to prevent it, make sure that it is off when you are working with fences and gates.  I cannot currently reproduce it in my game with bb.moveobjects on or off, so you may also want to try clearing your cache and repairing the game via Origin, then starting a new save and testing in it.

Message 3 of 16 (24,502 Views)

Hero

Tagging @BluDragon9124 to see the answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (24,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Please watch my short video for a simple fix Standard smile

Placing a gate, then moving it across all the areas that are invisible, then deleting fixes this.

https://youtu.be/vcxIrwiDnk4

*this was recorded on PC but I'm sure it should work on console

*I also know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping people in the present will see the fix if they're still having this issue, and don't know how to fix it.

Message 5 of 16 (24,204 Views)

★★★★ Pro
This problem just happened to me, I don’t remember having the problem before. It seems to happen both with moveobjects on and off, but it may have started when MO was on. Should I make a new thread about the issue or should we continue in this thread?
Message 6 of 16 (23,694 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Teknikah Your tip is a good workaround. 👍🏻
Message 7 of 16 (23,695 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Could you test again if it happens without moo ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (23,687 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict It seems to be working now, both with moveobjects on and with it off.
Message 9 of 16 (23,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@SqueamishNerd  @crinrict  This is still occurring. Just ran into it. hovering a gate over a fence will glitch the fence and it will vanish. The resulting area cannot have fences placed. It is PERMANENT on that lot until the cache is wiped. Bulldozing the lot, wiping it and placing new lots won't fix the problem. Only wiping the cache will cause the fences to re-appear.

@Teknikah 's fix works, but the glitch causes other areas on the lot to glitch as well. Areas that never had fences placed. Better to wipe the cache.

It seems if you take a gate straight out of the build mode menu and hover over a fence, it will glitch the fence. If you place the gate first then move it into place, it will work fine.

Demonstration: https://youtu.be/OeH01ZtuXt4

Message 10 of 16 (23,361 Views)