Re: [OPEN] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No, I think we must wait until the monthly game update :< I hope this update repair genealogy, becouse i cant play without it ;___;

PS: I noticed interesting thing: when I killed sims from my family tree, it returned to normal o_O

Message 31 of 55 (1,957 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do not know if any of you have this problem as well, I do have the family tree problem as well but I also have Sims disappearing into the household that I play. I also do a generation type family, generation three seems fine, but I'm missing half of generation two. And I have an active household of eight sims and when I load in, only 3 remain, the parents and the baby. The teen, two kids, and two toddlers disappear. It's not my mods or cc I took them out, I even tried to repair my game and yet it still happens. And I even uninstalled my game and reinstalled it still has the problem.

So I'm just wondering if you any of you are experiencing this problem as well? 

Message 32 of 55 (1,918 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@HighQueenKairi If Sims are removed from the game, there's probably nothing you can do to get them back. Do you have a backup you could try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 55 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

@MojoIsAwesome wrote:

Has there been any new info on when the team will be fixing this issue???

I would like to know too! I also play legacy so I really hope there will be a fix.

Message 34 of 55 (1,820 Views)

Re: Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

★ Guide

I have the exact same problem.  Family tree has these blank portraits you can't click on.  If you click on the person below them u can see the game still knows who is part of the family but the link is broken and can't be clicked on directly.

I have sim culling disabled so i've never seen this before and it happened after the latest super buggy patch.

But thing is, even if culling was enabled, this happens to familys that are nearly brand new and wouldn't be culled.

Message 35 of 55 (1,797 Views)

Hero
This has nothing to do with culling. It's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 55 (1,794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@LevkoniAre you sure? Were you viewing the tree from the same sim's perspective? I tried it but it didn't work for me.

Message 37 of 55 (1,779 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is not culling. The sims are still there when you click on the lowest generation. This is purely the family tree itself being messed up. The sims still know where they belong; the tree has forgotten at the 1st and 2nd generations.

Message 38 of 55 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the exact problem and haven’t used mods or CC in years!
Message 39 of 55 (1,742 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same problem. if I look at my sims children he has 6 kids, he also has grandkids under a bunch of blank sims (13 to be precise) but when I looked into it I found that some of those kids are actually siblings despite showing like they were from different sims. I figured out that all of his grandkids that showed a blank were all from his 6 kids that did not have a blank picture
the other thing I noticed was when I clicked on my founder, all 3 of his kids were shown but only 2 of his grandkids and he has 15....and before the july 31st update it showed all 15 of his grandkids just fine

Message 40 of 55 (1,715 Views)