by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[TO ADD] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After 3 generations, the tree gets bugged.
What happens when the bug occurs? The family tree doesn't show some descendants and others are incorrectly linked.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the family tree correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, custom content
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 7/31/18 patch

I have this problem as well. For example, from one man's perspective it only shows grandchildren from one of his three children while all of them have their own kids and from his wife's perspective it shows the same grandchildren correctly but the rest are not connected to their mothers but to faceless/unknown sims.
I tried reverting to a save prior to the patch but it had this problem as well. I do however know that this was not like this before the patch.Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 02.06.00.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-02 at 02.06.09.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-02 at 02.06.05.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-02 at 02.05.23.png

Message 11 of 55 (2,232 Views)

Re: Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

EA Staff

Thank you for all your saves and reports!

We will investigate this! :D

Message 12 of 55 (2,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Not sure if it is related but my Family Tree does not load at all. It just shows the spinning animation like it is trying to load and nothing ever shows up (tried to let it load for 20 minutes). I do have a big family tree spanning across 7 generations and about 80 sims and it is connected to 5 different external families outside of the main bloodline... It was working up until the patch.

Sim4FamilyTree.jpg

Message 13 of 55 (2,114 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

★ Apprentice

Me too. Some have disappeared and I don't have further than grandkids. I am playing in Danish.

Message 14 of 55 (2,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey, I have some info that might help, I'll try my best to explain with my broken english.

I'm having the same issue (no cc/no mods) and I've noticed that this "random sims" on my family tree are actually copies of existing sims. I'm playing the 100 babies challenge, so a lot of my main sim's children have had children of their own and some are already dead of old age.

What I did was to click on the "random sim's" child to open up that family tree, and I've noticed that the "random sim" was actually a copy of my main sim's child, that already show's up on the main family tree. I took some prints to illustrate since I'm not sure you guys will understand what I'm trying to say:

100-1.png

100-2.png

100-3.png

Message 15 of 55 (2,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem! I play a generation/legacy challenge and I constantly check my progress on the Family Tree. It worked perfectly fine until the patch. It's really annoying, i depend a lot on my family tree.yikes.png

Message 16 of 55 (2,021 Views)

★★ Novice

in the same boat. a set of triplets aren't even connected to their family. instead showing them as cousins to non-existing parent.
family plz.png

Message 17 of 55 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here...

In my game, the family tree is totally messed up. 

Message 18 of 55 (1,923 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

★★★ Novice

I have the same issues.. Hope it will get resolved soon!

Message 19 of 55 (1,814 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

★ Guide

Happening to me as well. I don't play generational families often, so I hadn't noticed it till going back into an old save. In the first picture you can clearly see that the female Sim's parents are correctly connected to her. But once I switch to their children together, her parents move over to being connected to her husband instead.

Message 20 of 55 (1,791 Views)