Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After 3 generations, the tree gets bugged.
What happens when the bug occurs? The family tree shows every child in the generation, related or not.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see only those sims actually related to each other showing as children/family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 7/31/18 patch

My family tree is completely borked since the patch also. I run MCCC, which I know is not the cause. Before the patch the tree was perfect. If I look at it from the youngest generation's perspective, its right. But if I go any higher, then it shows all the kids, related or not, as belonging to that sim.

For instance, I have 5 generations in the family I'm playing now. The 5th generation child's tree from his perspective is perfect. His mother's level shows her children, as well as all the children that are related to her children {their father's children with another woman/women}, of which have NO relation to my family tree aside from that. Go up another generation and it gets worse with every person ever related to any child in the fourth generation. If I click on them, their trees are correct from their perspective.

The 2nd generation is the worst, with too many for the game to load. The first generation reverts to the founders own children. Since I can only link 1 screenshot, I provided generation 2, which shows a lot of unloaded faces. They are all from unrelated families that have children who are descendants of the sim I highlighted.

Dez

Message 1 of 55 (8,049 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

Hero

• Family Trees should accurately represent a Sim’s lineage now with non-blank thumbnails.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 55 (7,941 Views)

All Replies

Re: Family Tree is broken since 7/31/18 patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

How many Sims do you have in your tree ? We have a two current family tree issues. Need to find the threads though to compare but currently bit short on time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (8,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Me too! Safiyaa (the sim highlighted) only had 4 kids. The others that it shows don’t exist, but their children are actually one of the 4 childrens’ kids. In the latest generation, it’s fine, but it does do this same thing in most generations.

Message 3 of 55 (7,971 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @deztech @Georgiapeach8

Does this issue occur when you remove your mods folder and load the save?

Would you be willing to share your save file with us? Instructions here

Thank you very much for your report!

Message 4 of 55 (7,951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My family trees are also broken. Connections between family members are totally crazy. For example, Siobhan Fyres parents in family tree are showing as parents of her husband. Her sister, Morgan Fyres, are showing as child from other mother. Another example: in other family, my sim had two fathers instead of father and mother. But when i choose his father, family tree show me correctly father and mother... In every family tree i have odd things like this. It's so sad, i have enough glitch in this game...

On the screenshot: Siobhan parents showing as parents of Marcus Flex, her husband...

Message 5 of 55 (7,930 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, just tested without Mods or CC but it's still the same.

Message 6 of 55 (7,854 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I make a copy of the save file, does that affect the save on my computer?

Message 7 of 55 (7,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I copied my family to the Gallery and moved it to a new save, but that did not change anything. Family tree is still broken :/

Message 8 of 55 (7,792 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tested the save with and without mods, and the issue persists either way. It's also worth noting that the family tree in question was perfect prior to the patch, so the number of sims in it isn't affected by any previous or other glitch. It was fine. It wasn't until loading the save after the patch that there was an issue.

The One Drive link to my unmodded save is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnoiR7jIUrzWgxi-qpeppMWtDZ_e

I hope this helps.

Dez

Message 9 of 55 (7,742 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've sent the no mods save file in a private message. Hope it helps!

Message 10 of 55 (7,724 Views)