Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Family Tree and "Step" relationships broken

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All - except Journey to Bori-batuu...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a legacy style family tree and blended sims families since the Snowy Escape expansion. Oh and floating babies i have no idea why.
What happens when the bug occurs? The family tree of my legacy family lines are broken and the "step" familiy relationships missing, with step children or step parents no longer showing up on sims family trees. I like to play on a rotation basis and some of my sims have trees going back several generations, it's these sims that are having the broken relationship lines. Sims that are married with children from other relationships are also not showing their "step" relationships.
What do you expect to see? The "step" relations of my sims showing on the family tree and registering under the sims relationships, and my family tree working properly again. And no floating baby legs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only started happening after installing the new exspansion pack. Everything was normal before this and I've also uninstalled all my mods and repaired game to double check.

The family tree of my legacy family lines are broken and the "step" familiy relationships missing, with step children or step parents no longer showing up on sims family trees.

I like to play on a rotation basis and some of my sims have trees going back several generations, it's these sims that are having the broken relationship lines. Sims that are married with children from other relationships are also not showing their "step" relationships. Forgot to add that I also did a repair on my game once I removed my mods to make sure it wasn't caused by a mod.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (13,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Family Tree and "Step" relationships broken

Hero

Step Parent/Child relationships are no longer missing in the Genealogy Panel. Similarly
other cases of broken families in the Genealogy Panel have been fixed as well. It is all
about reconnecting or connecting with what is important.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (6,038 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Any update on this? I have a lot of step siblings around all the families and the tree is all broken like yours. 

Message 2 of 16 (12,995 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kyberling I'm still having the problem, and no response here from anyone...I even completely reinstalled my game to no avail.
Message 3 of 16 (12,979 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've got this too on my family with a lot of messy relationships. Had someone die that was apparently family, so tried to find them in the tree and saw it was missing several branches

Message 4 of 16 (12,954 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just spent the past 12 hours trying to troubleshoot this issue. I repaired the game, removed all mods, did 50/50, backed up, restored, new save—all for naught. This problem looks like it occurred sometime between Sunday and Monday. Ever since that update from Origin, I have noticed broken lines and greyed out LIVING—not dead—Sims in my family trees. I even had invisible sims visiting homes. 

Message 5 of 16 (12,913 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a game save with a 10 generation family with the same thing going on, thankfully I have just finished playing that save.  At this point it only has one brake in the branches and I don't think any missing Sims, but at one point when I transferred the MCCC Gedcom file to a genealogy file to another program I had over 650 relations!  So I may have lost some and not noticed.  I did have even more broken branches at different stages of the play through.  And I have been playing it for a short while with all mods out after an update and the broken links were there then too.

Message 6 of 16 (12,782 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has there been any update on this? I have no step-relationships in my game and I'm experiencing the same bug as well. 

Message 7 of 16 (12,459 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My recently created sim married someone that already had 2 children, so I'm definitely seeing weirdness in the family trees. If I check my created sim it only shows his wife and their 3 girls they've had together, but no step-children shown for him at all. However, if I select either of his step-children and look at their family trees it shows my sim and he's listed as their step-father.

Also when I look at the relationships between the children, that's messed up too. When I select any of my sim's 3 girls and look at their family trees, it lists what should be their half-brother and half-sister as just brother and sister. If I select the half-brother or half-sister and see their family trees, it properly lists my sim's 3 girls as their half-sisters.

The Sim Profile also doesn't list proper relationships. If I select my sim and view either of his step children's profiles there is no mention of them being related at all, and it's the same when looking at my sim's profile with either of the step children selected. Then when it comes to the children's relationships in the Sim Profiles, the ones that should say step-brother or step-sister just say brother and sister though maybe that's by design?

By the way I'm playing on the Xbox One which means no mods, and I also don't have a single pack installed which means just the base game. It's not a big deal to me, heck I didn't even realize things were messed up until seeing this topic and then checking my game, though it would be nice to see the game properly acknowledge that all the sims in my family are actually family.

Message 8 of 16 (12,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Any updates? This is getting ridiculous. Now I have the infinite loading circle of death whenever I click on anyone’s family tree. 🤬

Message 9 of 16 (12,394 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I too have had this problem, so I've given up with legacy and genealogy.  I just have to let them be.  I have had to cheat relationships to stop in-laws hitting on each other.  Even a child and it's father were developing a romance bar!  Grrrr!  Sickening!

Message 10 of 16 (12,349 Views)