Re: Family Tree and "Step" relationships broken

by Gednaa

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do we know is anyone from EA is dealing with this? For my game is family tree essencial and I dont want to update my game until then. It is ridiculous to not update my game several months because of mistakes in game! I even cannot buy another packs.

Message 11 of 16 (1,404 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@luciahutan310 I don't know if the recent patch the other day has dealt with the issue. Do you have all patch updates? Do you keep your game updated? It won't affect your game. (It doesn't affect mine with patch updates) You should be able to keep on playing the same game, regardless
of updates. Hope this helps shine a bit more light on things for you.
Message 12 of 16 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gednaa Thank you for answer. I still play with game 1.67.45.1020 and I am still afraid update my game. It looks November patch is connected with this mistake: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Broken-family-tree/td-p/9740934
Of course I dont understand that well but now is my family tree ok (8 generations) and I dont know where is the mistake or how can I avoid it
Message 13 of 16 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just got the same issue, so it still exists. My sim just had a kid and now my family tree is broken

Message 14 of 16 (1,160 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I was sad to see my sim who already had twins get married and no step-father showing in the family tree.  Like he's nobody to those kids??  He's been so good with them, seeing as they're not his own and he took them on for love!  

Message 15 of 16 (888 Views)

Hero

Step Parent/Child relationships are no longer missing in the Genealogy Panel. Similarly
other cases of broken families in the Genealogy Panel have been fixed as well. It is all
about reconnecting or connecting with what is important.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (6,182 Views)