CAS bug - mouth changes color

by LOUISSUSHI

Original Post

Re: [FSP] [S] New (darker) hair swatches make Sims' teeth look black

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The hairs this is happening on have the textures (all of the new ones, not just the dark ones) extending out too far and covering up the area where the mouth/teeth texture goes. The hair from Fitness Stuff also has the same issue with the old colors, where it covers up part of the inside of the mouth, but not as bad as the new ones do.

This comparison is of one of the new colors vs an old one (layered over a UV template). See the new one has a black blob completely covering the mouth's texture area and half of the teeth, and the old one also covers up part of the mouth.
hair oopsie.jpg

This is what the old color textures do in game for the Fitness Stuff hair. Thought I'd include it too so it may be fixed as well.
hair oopsie2.jpg

This really is the same issue as these other threads:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-New-hair-swatches-add-triangles-to-Sims-eyes/m-p/10376615
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CAS-S-Dread-Hairstyle-leaves-triangle-textures-on-Sims-Ey...
Maybe these all should be merged into one thread for hair textures that bleed onto the mouth or eye texture space. Because really, there's a lot more hairs with this problem, and they all need to be fixed.

Here's a list of all the hairs I've found with this issue (some more obvious than others):
yfHair_EP05WavyBob [new colors - mouth]
ymHair_EP01PartedFlat [new colors - eyes]
ymHair_SP11BoxBraidHalfTied [new and old colors - mouth]
ymHair_EP05UnderCutDreads [new and old colors - eyes, and mouth]
cmHair_BuzzCut [new and old colors - mouth]
ymHair_SP01PompadourSpiky [new and old colors - mouth]
yfHair_EP04MidCurly [new and old colors - mouth]
ymHair_EP07PileUp [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]
yfHair_GP09ReyIX, cuHair_GP09ReyIX, puHair_GP09ReyIX [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]
ymHair_GP07CurlyMidPart [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]

ymHair_SP14MidCurly [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]

cmHair_EP05WavySidepart [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]
ymHair_EP10Long, cmHair_EP10Long,  pmHair_EP10Long [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]
pmHair_SP12UnderCut 
[new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]
puHair_EP05AfroBandFlower [new and old colors - mouth *back teeth]

Message 11 of 21 (2,485 Views)

Broken Assets in CAS: Vampire Teeth and Cornrows

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Fitness, Tiny Living, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, the cornrows hair option from the Fitness stuff pack is affecting the teeth of the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? From what I can see, it only affects vampire sims. The hair option portrait displays the model sim with black shading in their mouth. Opening the teeth options for vampire sims displays the CAS model with the same issue with all teeth varieties.
What do you expect to see? The portrait with no black in the mouth and the clear, non-bugged vampire teeth.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

From what I can see, it only affects vampire sims, though the portrait is still affected for any sim

Message 12 of 21 (2,439 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [FSP] [S] New (darker) hair swatches make Sims' teeth look black

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Bugfix mod!

I did a quick 'n' dirty bugfix for the two hairs (from Seasons and Fitness Stuffpack) - nothing was changed at the hairstyles itself (like color tagging...). I only fixed the files to show the teeth again. Let's hope EA will fix this soon, escpecially for the console players who aren't able to use mods.

Due to big file size I am not able to attach the fixed files itself, so download them either here from removed

Teeth Fixes

CM Edit: Do not link mods on AHQ. 

Message 13 of 21 (2,313 Views)

Re: Broken Assets in CAS: Vampire Teeth and Cornrows

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a mod for this now.

It's linked in this list: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/10111432...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (2,277 Views)

Sims 4 Seasons Hair Turns Sim's Mouth Different Colors

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Vampires, Dine Out, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the hairstyle EP05WavyBob and select one of the newly added hairsyles. Then, do something to make the sim open their mouth (changing teeth works well)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's entire mouth and teeth will be the same color as their hair.
What do you expect to see? Their mouth shouldn't be the same color as their hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

‌The screenshots I have taken (included below) were taken with a custom CAS background, I am aware. The issue is not caused by a mod conflict and can't be, as I have no mods that would affect a sim's hair. I did test without mods and it did the same thing, I just took screenshots before that (didn't feel the need to take new ones because it would've been unnecessary). It seems like it might be caused by some sort of texture mapping issue that happened while adding the new hair colors.

Message 15 of 21 (2,093 Views)

Re: Adult female sims have no teeth!

★ Novice

I have the same issue.

Message 16 of 21 (1,974 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Hair Turns Sim's Mouth Different Colors

★★★★★ Apprentice

i'm having the same issue with new swatches for the seasons bob but i'm on mac

Message 17 of 21 (1,946 Views)

Re: New (darker) hair swatches make Sims' teeth look black

Champion
@crinrict yes, while the lighter new hair swatches still do the same thing, it looks worse with the darker colors because it looks like the Sims have lost all their teeth!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 21 (1,928 Views)

Re: [FSP] [S] New (darker) hair swatches make Sims' teeth look black

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree @Skaazilla! Thank you for pointing this out. I know the hair-teeth issue has been acknowledged, but I worry that the hair-eye issue (links below) will be overlooked. I hope it gets fixed too as they do seem to be related.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-New-hair-swatches-add-triangles-to-Sims-eyes/m-p/10376615/...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CAS-S-Dread-Hairstyle-leaves-triangle-textures-on-Sims-Ey...

Message 19 of 21 (1,678 Views)
Highlighted

CAS bug - mouth changes color

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for snowy escape and eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to create a sim, select the hairstyle shown in the screenshots (mid-length female hairstyle from seasons), choose a hair color from the new update
What happens when the bug occurs? The teeth of the sim and the inside of the mouth turn to the color of the hair
What do you expect to see? Regular teeth
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed this when randomizing sims and then tried it on a sim that was already made, and both times the teeth and the inside of the mouth changed color. Only happens with the new hair colors. I should also note that the preview of the hair has this problem too.

Message 20 of 21 (1,613 Views)