Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [FSP] [S] New (darker) hair swatches make Sims' teeth look black

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle The Sims 4: Snowy Escape The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the bob hairstyle in Seasons and the dreadlocks in the Fitness SP with the new black hair swatch.
What happens when the bug occurs? In CAS and in game these two hairstyles make the Sims' teeth look black when used with the new (darker) hair swatches.
What do you expect to see? That my Sims' teeth stay white no matter which hairstyle or swatch I use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I patched the game today (27 May 2021).

There seems to be an issue with two specific hairstyles in combination with some of the new hair swatches (the darker ones), resulting in black teeth. The dreadlocks from the Fitness SP and the bob from Seasons.This issue occurs both in CAS and in game. I had removed all mods before patching and removed my remaining CC items (CAS background and default skin replacement) to test it out again.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (9,758 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS bug - mouth changes color

Hero

Some of our new hair colors (Neutral Black, Warm Brown, Neutral Blonde, and Light Blonde specially) were creating some issues in some Create a Sim hairstyles when applied, making Sims’ teeth disappear (?????) or turn grey in some cases.

Fixed in Patch 1.76.81/ 1.4.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (4,864 Views)

All Replies

Re: New (darker) hair swatches make Sims' teeth look black

★★ Pro
@Netzspannung Is it something like: [OPEN] Several Hair Make Teeth Grey/Black ?

Maybe the latest patch extended the hair/teeth glitching bug.
Message 2 of 21 (9,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@stjmk it's best to keep this separate as it's the new hair swatches

EDIT: Hm .. although it probably just looks a lot worse on the new swatch as they are black. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (9,692 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm the same thing and you can also see it in the preview

Open PhotoOpen Photo

Best regards, 

Jennifer

PC: 1.75.125.1030, No mods/cc

Message 4 of 21 (9,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm like @Netzspannung and @MapleSimmer as well after the recently patch was installed. I´ve removed the localthumbcache.package, checked at CAS the new haircolors on children and toodler hairs but these are not affected with the black teeth and tested without CCs and Mods but it didn't work either.

Edit 28.05.2021:

I can also confirm that only the new hair colors from the 2 hairs are affected with this bug. The other hair colors (prior the patch) are not affected.

Message 5 of 21 (9,649 Views)

[FS] braided hair texture & color glitch inside sims mouth/teeth.

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Journey To Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, Go to the hair catalog, filter to show only the Fitness Stuff Pack hairs, Click on the braided hair, Open up the teeth selection and see the glitch inside the sims mouth/teeth. Also differentiate with all the colors including the new hair colors to see the glitch on the inside of the sims mouth/teeth as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you open up the teeth selection menu in CAS, you can see the color of the sims hair on the inside of your sims mouth, also if you use the new hair colors with this hairstyle, the texture will go black on the inside of the sims mouth and teeth.
What do you expect to see? You should select this hairstyle with no hair color and black texture/glitch inside of the sims mouth and teeth.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Installing May 27th 2021's Patch

I discovered this glitch with the braided hairstyle from the Fitness Stuff Pack after installing May 27th's Patch.

Message 6 of 21 (9,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MapleSimmer wrote:

I can confirm the same thing and you can also see it in the preview

Open PhotoOpen Photo

Best regards, 

Jennifer

PC: 1.75.125.1030, No mods/cc

This is 100 PERCENT how I came aware of the issue with the hairs, I just did a further investigation in my game for the Seasons hair in my game and I can confirm I am having this same thing happening with the Seasons hair too for the female sims. 

Message 7 of 21 (9,457 Views)

Why does the teeth disappear with new hair color update???

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.130
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except for Journey to Batuu installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter cas put the medium season's hair on Check teeth
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever the Seasons hair is put on the sim the teeth disappear
What do you expect to see? I put the season's hair on and the teeth disappear
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So the new hair update came out and I was creating sims but I noticed the teeth disappeared whenever the season's medium hairstyle is placed on a sim. I don't currently have any mods in my game. 

Message 8 of 21 (9,446 Views)

Re: Why does the teeth disappear with new hair color update???

★ Guide

Upon reading your post, I checked my game and found the same issue: teeth that are very transparent. You can actually see, when looking through the hairs, the image of that particular Seasons hair doesn't show white teeth, but rather has them blacked out.

Message 9 of 21 (9,363 Views)

Adult female sims have no teeth!

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Battuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS and create and adult female sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult female sim has black colored teeth that make them appear to have no teeth.
What do you expect to see? All sims - every sim across all life states and life stages, to have teeth.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I opened origin and updated my game on 27/05/2021

Attached image 

Message 10 of 21 (9,330 Views)