Re: Earbuds don't automatically turn off when sleeping

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [FSP] Earbuds don't automatically turn off when sleeping

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Noticed this in my game but that is not really bothersome.
The thing that does concern me is they do not turn off when Sims try to sleep.
Maybe this is by design?
Example: My controllable Sim has Earbuds turned in.
Sims goes to bed to sleep.
Immediately sits up then gets back under covers to sleep. These actions cycled thru in as loop until I realized what was happening.
Selected Sim - turned off earbuds - Sim can now skeep. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 11 (6,370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Sims should no longer get in and out of bed continuously when they attempt to sleep while wearing the earbuds.
  • What’s that? Honey, did you hear that? Someone is outside singing… it sounds like In Your Eyes… no, probably not… let me get back to… I’ll just sleep… wait, was that Iggy?

This was fixed in Pach 1.38.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (6,272 Views)

All Replies

Re: [UNSURE] [FS] Earbuds don't automatically turn off when sleeping

Hero

Hi @EuphorialQueen

split your post as it's a different issue.

I do think this is is probably also by design but I don't know so marking this as unsure as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (6,275 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Looks like this is indeed a bug

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (6,251 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes it is because npc Sims who sleep over won't turn them off and so they just spend the night jumping into and out of bed.
Message 4 of 11 (6,168 Views)

★★ Guide

Can confirm this one too.  It's fine if a played sim has them in, just take them out but if its a visitor?  Nope!  I'm thinking we need a big can of bug spray!  Maybe a whole case!

Message 5 of 11 (6,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am unsure if this is the same bug or a related one.

My Sim can't sleep due to earbuds not being turned off automatically.

BUT in addition there is no manual turn off option either. I know the turn off option existed before recent patches....

Just for the record; I have zero script mods running and I created this specific save game only yesterday.

Edit to add: it's even worse. I placed said earbuds in the world on another floor entirely, and this Sim still can't sleep due to music in his ears. Frown

Message 6 of 11 (5,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Zero script mods or zero cc/mods ? Not only script mods can create issues. Mine still have the option. If it doesn't re-appear after removing all your mods/cc, try buying new ones.

@EuphorialQueen Could you edit the first post of this thread for me so it has the bug template ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (5,988 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for your fast reply, crinrict! Also, my apologies, as it was definitely the single mod I was running. 

Color me very embarrassed right now. I had the 'no mosaic' mod running, and that's definitely the culprit.

At least it was a very easy fix this way!

/and I no longer have to think about whether I have mods I suppose...

Message 8 of 11 (5,977 Views)

Hero

That is indeed a bit of a surprise.

best to check if there's an update and if the creators knows.

The waking up is definitely related to this bug though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (5,974 Views)

★ Guide

There are no reports on the mod page and the person who made it hasn't been active since late august. 

I'm surprised too! But I triple checked it with the same save file, and it's 100% consistently repeatable with my current game. 

The only thing I needed to do after removing the mod, to make it work again, is placing the earbuds in the world and then back in the Sims inventory again. That made the 'turn off' functionality reappear Standard smile 

/giving details in case anyone else is running into this issue

Message 10 of 11 (5,971 Views)