Re: [UNCLEAR] [FS] Earbuds don't raise Fun

by Jes2G

Original Post

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] [FS] Earbuds don't raise Fun

Hero

Added this as under investigation as @SimGuruNick posted it's by design but being looked into

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (845 Views)

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] [FS] Earbuds don't raise Fun

★ Apprentice

My sims are unable to multi task with the earbuds on and in active listening mode. They can however multi task with the radio on, such as do homework, paint, computer work, exercising etc while also actively listening to the radio thus gaining fun doing otherwise boring activities. 

Message 12 of 19 (827 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [UNCLEAR] [FS] Earbuds don't raise Fun

★ Guide

Why should earbuds be any different than radios? They're essentially the same thing. Radios raise fun, so earbuds should too. Without the fun element, what's the real point to them?

Message 13 of 19 (777 Views)

Listening to Music and Dancing With Earbuds Not Fun

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Listen to music or dance with earbuds.
What happens when the bug occurs? Listening to your earbuds or dancing with them does not increase fun need.
What do you expect to see? I'd expecting listening to music and dancing with earbuds to be fun.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed an odd thing recently. For some reason, listing to music with earbuds or dancing with them does not increase the fun need. You'd think that this would be fun!

Message 14 of 19 (795 Views)

Re: Listening to Music and Dancing With Earbuds Not Fun

Hero
Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

this is actually by design hence I merged with the old thread (although that doesn't have template).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Wait, this is by DESIGN? That's ridiculous! How is listening and dancing to earbuds any different from doing so with a stereo? Earbuds should be fun. Please consider a change!

I'm very grateful that the Gurus are listening to our concerns about this.

Message 16 of 19 (721 Views)

Hero

Earbuds now raise a Sim's fun need while music is streaming directly into their ears.

Although not a bug, this has been taken into consideration and is now changed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (2,040 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you, @SimGuruNick and team!

Message 18 of 19 (681 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes, thank you!!

Message 19 of 19 (676 Views)