Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [FPV] Camera cursor disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Use your Sim's phone to travel to a community lot. 2. Switch to First Person Camera after your Sim has arrived.
What happens when the bug occurs? See that there is no cursor (I mean, the white circle) in the middle of the screen in First Person mode.
What do you expect to see? Expecting to see the cursor in the middle of the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the patch that came out on 21st February.

Note that the cursor does appear when the Sim has not left their home yet. It only disappears after travelling.

Message 2 of 9 (3,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [FPV] Camera cursor disappearing

★★★ Novice

This issue seems fixed now. I believe it's been fixed with the April "Freelancer" update, although it is not mentioned in the patch notes at all...

Can anyone else confirm?

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (2,644 Views)

All Replies

First person selector disappears

★★★ Novice

For whatever reason, the selector/ mouse cursor is missing in first person view. First when I start the game, the middle circle in first person view is there. However, once I go to another lot and go back into first person view the selector is gone and Ill have to restart the game to get it back. Anyone else running into this problem since the last February patch?

Message 1 of 9 (3,060 Views)

Re: First person selector disappears

Hero

Hi @kenjibaby 

i merged your post with bug report on this

I can't test this as I get motion sick from FPV.

Waiting for more input from others

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (3,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict@pnpBrumi , & @kenjibaby , while I also get nauseous Sick, I can handle the first person camera for a very short time. I tested it and  I get the same thing... cursor is present at home, but disappears on a community lot, and also does not return even when my Sim goes home! Wondering

Edit to add that I don't use CC or Mods, so that isn't the problem!Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 9 (3,036 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,976 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this bug, the easiest for me to reproduce was to load a game, go in FPV then go to Build mode. After that if i go to live mode and change to FPV the mouse circle is not visible!
Only restarting the game solves the issue.

Message 6 of 9 (2,954 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this although i only have to travel and come home and the cursor will dissappear .It is only the the middles mouse button cursor when turning the screen. It will work but no cursor shows. i don't have to go into FPV to get this.

Message 7 of 9 (2,857 Views)

★★★ Novice

This issue seems fixed now. I believe it's been fixed with the April "Freelancer" update, although it is not mentioned in the patch notes at all...

Can anyone else confirm?

Message 8 of 9 (2,645 Views)

★ Guide

Yes it’s fixed for me too

Message 9 of 9 (2,510 Views)