[FIXED] Extreme Lag When placing wallpaper on walls

by Ferbie813

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Extreme Lag When placing wallpaper on walls

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, the game gets super laggy when placing either wallpaper or floor tiles.

Message 61 of 94 (1,867 Views)

Re: Extreme Lag When placing wallpaper on walls with patch 6/19/2018

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I never had any lags on sims 4 because of my gtx 1080 ti and 32 gb of ram. It lags only when I try to use wallpapers. The problem should not be my computer.

Here is my dx file.

Message 62 of 94 (1,816 Views)

★ Apprentice
yup happening to me as well, since the last patch i think
Message 63 of 94 (1,794 Views)

★ Novice

It must have to do with the Sims 4 Seasons EP. Never had it before, now suddenly I have it too and only in the big houses with a lot of stuff, which was no problem before with placing wallpapers, walls or more. I even unistalled the Sims 4 Seasons, getting back to the Update 1.42.30.1020; this time placing walls and floors were okay without lag but placing wallpapers caused the game to crash, probably because of some leftovers of Seasons, maybe I shall try to get back all the way to Pet Stuff but I can tell for sure it will not be a problem that way because it wasnt never before Seasons. Hope it will be fixed soon in some patch/update. 

Message 64 of 94 (1,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Glad to hear others having this issue. I was so confused because I have a gaming tower that is overkill for sims. I never experience lag. Now when I try to place wall paint/paper down it lags bad. This happened after the patch, not after seasons download.

Message 65 of 94 (1,717 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for making this post, having this issue as well with wallpapers!
Message 66 of 94 (1,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Glad to see that I'm not the only one suffering with this issue.

I noticed this as soon as I installed Seasons EP (not the patch). My game becomes extremely laggy and stutters frequently whenever I am attempting to place walls or floors. Just having a wall or floor selected immediately causes performance issues. My computer is top notch and I never lag when playing this game, so this is obviously an EA issue that they need to fix. It seems that Seasons is causing the issue. Whatever it is I hope they'll fix it as soon as possible because its really irritating when I'm attempting to floor or paint rooms, especially if I am manually painting the walls; it lags and glitches way too much.

EDIT: I also noticed some lag when I was placing friezes on the exterior of my latest build project as well.

Message 67 of 94 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game lags when placing floor tiles after Seasons installation.

Message 68 of 94 (1,642 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this same issue. Thank goodness it's not just me. Same thing when trying to change fence swatches, and floor tiles. 

Message 69 of 94 (1,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• We addressed some cases where players were experiencing severe lag when placing wallpapers in build mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.83

Taking feedback on this if it was fixed for everyone.

Looks like the patch improved things but not fix

Still being worked on

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1012376963829227520

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 94 (1,604 Views)