Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Extreme Lag When placing wallpaper on walls

by TrainerKenta

Original Post

Re: Extreme Lag When placing wallpaper on walls with patch 6/19/2018

★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure it's running on the card; how can i double check just to be sure?

Message 21 of 94 (1,545 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My game overall is running just fine, I haven't played it much, waiting for Seasons to release tomorrow night. But I do have an issue with Wallpaper lagging. This happend after the seasons patch. I've attached the DxDIAG file. 

Message 22 of 94 (1,545 Views)

Hero

@LukeThePlumbob wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's running on the card; how can i double check just to be sure?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Setting-Up-a-Graphics-Card-Gaming-Profile/td-p/5704790

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 94 (1,543 Views)

Hero

@TrainerKenta wrote:

My game overall is running just fine, I haven't played it much, waiting for Seasons to release tomorrow night. But I do have an issue with Wallpaper lagging. This happend after the seasons patch. I've attached the DxDIAG file. 

Looks like you don't have the newest drivers either (but yeah, don't think that's the issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 94 (1,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That's seems to be part of my problem; it seems since the update its now choosing to run off the chip.

Tried out what it said in that link you sent, but no luck, still progresses to run off the chip.

Message 25 of 94 (1,514 Views)

Hero
Could you make your own thread in tech then ? Sounds like a different issue. Don't wanna derail this thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 94 (1,509 Views)

★★★ Novice
I too have this problem, and it is definitely exacerbated the higher level you are. On the third floor, it slowed down so much that I thought my game was going to crash.
Message 27 of 94 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same problem. The game is not responding when i try to change the walls colour. But i noticed that happens only in Brindleton Bay town.

Message 28 of 94 (1,493 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Going to test this in Brindleton Bay and see if I can reproduce.
Message 29 of 94 (1,481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I've been having the same lagging issue, it's not too obvious but I've only tried building an apartment and not a house yet. I could definitely notice some lag when placing the wallpapers in the apartment and also some when I was placing the flooring. This has been the first time that this has ever happened and it started after the 19/6 patch. I was running my game without any CC or mods installed. 

Here's my PC's dxdiag in case it could be useful! Standard smile 

Message 30 of 94 (1,467 Views)