Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

by amesplaysthesims

Original Post

Re: Garbage Cans fill up without the recyle lot trait

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ohh had the same bug in my game that missing the last 2 DLC. Also changed to the trash chute because of this bug ^^. (Didn't klick on me to as I didn't test it with the newest patch)

Message 141 of 153 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Guide
My external trash cans are also overflowing with trash. And there is no way for the Sims to empty them. I am constantly deleting them and rebuying to remove the garbage overflow.
Message 142 of 153 (1,115 Views)

Re: External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGRSame here! It’s annoying because my sims always get uncomfortable just by glancing at the overflowing trash and I have to replace them!

Cheat: if you shift-click on the trash there should be an option to select the “trash state”. You can click on that and select empty! (I’m not sure if everyone will have this option. Idk if it’s a feature that only comes with the mccc mod or not. Everyone is apparently also saying that you need eco lifestyle for this option. Otherwise you just can’t do it.) T_T

Message 143 of 153 (1,080 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The only option i see is to reset it. I have testing cheats enabled but there is no option to set the trashcan state....

Message 144 of 153 (1,003 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bradleymee wrote:

The only option i see is to reset it. I have testing cheats enabled but there is no option to set the trashcan state....

I don't see this option either. Could it be possible that it only works if you have Eco Lifestyle installed? I don't have the pack, but I'm still having this issue with the outdoor bins.

Message 145 of 153 (976 Views)

Re: External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

★★ Pro
@XCoco_LolipopX I play with MCCC too so I'm pretty sure this is something that comes only with Eco lifestyle.

So, simply put: if you Don't have Eco lifestyle, you're only options are
1) using trash chute/nano bin or
2) just buying a new trash can when your current one fills up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 146 of 153 (947 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Add this glitch to the other 4 I am experiencing since buying the newest packs...

Seems Eco-living comes with more glitches than new content.

Message 147 of 153 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MapleSimmer My external trash can immediately becomes overflowed after emptying an internal trash can, and affects my Sims mood negatively.
Message 148 of 153 (655 Views)

★★ Guide
@MapleSimmer Even w/EL installed this has been a problem since it came out. I HAVE to use the reduce/recycle lot trait or this is what happens. And then I have no choice but to sell the cans and get new ones.
Message 149 of 153 (549 Views)

★★ Guide
@mayatiara I love EL but I agree that it is INSANELY fully of glitches, some of which are pretty major (like the problems with toddlers) for gameplay.
Message 150 of 153 (548 Views)