Re: Glitchy Trashcans

by j4f0

Original Post

Champion

@j4f0, well that is good to know that your aren't using mods/CC so that it doesn't complicate an already odd situation! Standard smile Well, even if you didn't ask for the information, we all make honest mistakes sometimes!  She was trying to be helpful, not rude.  I know you are frustrated, but she was trying to help, just as you were trying to help the person who posted above you. 

I can see why you might have thought that the developers could have added someone kicking the trashcans now doing damage, but too bad the problem is more mysterious! Disappointed

There are many bugs with EL, but some situations don't show up for all players, which makes things even more difficult to figure out.Disappointed  Hopefully this Bug Report will be of help in getting EA to sort this issue out! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 101 of 153 (1,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@j4f0 I certainly wasn't trying to treat you as a child, but as @PugLove888 mentioned, we deal with many people with various levels of experience. The reason I explained about checking the mailbox, etc. was due to the fact that you had said,"I was trying to find out which ones were active because my trash cans look broken after a few days and I wanted to see if I could do something besides buying new ones all the time" in comment #95. That was my interpretation of what you may be looking for. I meant no offense. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 102 of 153 (1,182 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Your first reply was to post #91 "Do you have Eco Lifestyle? If so, what NAP is active? I get this too and my sims haven't even taken trash out yet." You replied by highlighting the letters "N" "A" "P" and giving me a definition. I don't see where I asked that. When I replied in post #95 about seeing the "full" trash cans that looked broken, you then doubled down on your first answer to go to a 3rd party site which never answered my original question. I now know it has nothing to do with which NAPs are active, it's just the most broken pack in the entire franchise to date.
Message 103 of 153 (1,149 Views)

Champion

@j4f0  Oh my goodness, Yes, I mis-read your question about which NAP was active. You're correct. I apologize for that.

Message 104 of 153 (1,140 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR thank you
Message 105 of 153 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This is still on ongoing issue as of today Aug 4th.

What I don't get is why they made this change in the first place. You only get an NPC Sim to come and empty the outside bin if you use the new lot trait. Otherwise it's unavoidable. Sims can kick some trash cans but then that only is a temporary fix as it's considered full the next time anything is put in it.

I guess a temporary fix is to not use outside bins at all and then just rummage for bits and pieces when the indoor bin is full which also empties it.

Lastly if this is ever fixed I would like it so Waste Disposal/Garbage Personal are generated to empty the trash weekly. I think that would be nice without using the new lot trait.

Message 106 of 153 (1,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Another possible workaround: I just tested if a Nanocan can work on its own.

• I tried adding the trash bin into a no-doors room in the basement. The Nanocan was still usable to the Sim.
  • I tried deleting the trash bin. The Nanocan was still usable to the Sim.
  • I was also able to drag trash to the Nanocan.
  • Note: This only works for Nanocans in the home. If you have any other types of wastebaskets in the home they will not function without a trash bin.

Message 107 of 153 (983 Views)

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

★★ Apprentice

Having this problem still.

I've just been deleting the can and buying a new one. I do not have the R&R trait for the lot, happens even with no mods installed.

Message 108 of 153 (867 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So glad that this isn't just me, I thought I was going insane!! I do have mods installed (MCC, TOOL and WW) But I have also tested on a vanilla game with the same effect. Having to sell and rebuy bins gets expensive for legacy style play though.

Message 109 of 153 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Simming_Spoonie You could try the workaround of kicking the can as it seems to reset it temporarily (see previous recommendations in thread). You could also try my 'workaround' of using the Nanocan indoors with no outdoor bin? I just noticed @Abradley745 says you can apply the shift-click cheat on the trash can and set it to 'empty'? Hope something there helps as a band-aid for now! Wink

Message 110 of 153 (762 Views)