Re: Glitchy Trashcans

by j4f0

Original Post

Glitchy Trashcans

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EPO4: 1.assets.live-ep04.128
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All stuff packs, all game pack except strangerville. Knifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day, cool kitchen, my first pets, romantic garden, backyard, fitness, and toddler stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The outdoor trashcan over flows and doesn't let me click on it or use it in any way.
What do you expect to see? My trashcans functioning normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco lifestyle

I don't have any lot traits on, so my trash can should be bottomless.

Message 91 of 153 (1,143 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Do you have Eco Lifestyle? If so, what NAP is active? I get this too and my sims haven't even taken trash out yet.

Message 92 of 153 (1,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@j4f0  You asked: "Do you have Eco Lifestyle? If so, what NAP is active? I get this too and my sims haven't even taken trash out yet."

NAP = Neighborhood Action Plan

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 93 of 153 (996 Views)

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

★ Novice

me too

Message 94 of 153 (913 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thanks for explaining NAPs to me but I already knew what they were. I was trying to find out which ones were active because my trash cans look broken after a few days and I wanted to see if I could do something besides buying new ones all the time.
Message 95 of 153 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@j4f0 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 96 of 153 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Problem with the "kick the trash can" fix is that not all trash cans can be kicked.

I have the Odor Killer Trash Can from Outdoor Retreat because it matches the aesthetic of my house.    There's no option to kick that bad boy.

And since the trash can is near my garden, being stung by bees and being uncomfortable from trash makes my sims very unhappy to stay out there.   Cloudgazing?   Forget it, they get up as soon as they lie down.

Annoying as all hell.

Message 97 of 153 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SheriGRTo me, the trash cans don't look "full" they look like they've been busted open. To me, a "full" or "overflowing" wheelie bin would be partly open and have trash on the ground around it, not sticking out in odd places like out of the bottom corner. That was why I kept replacing them.

This was happening with no lot traits active at all, much like the cell phones not working properly, so that shouldn't have affected it. It also happened while the only sim in the house never took trash out, it was just a random occurrence, that's also why I thought it was someone mischievous doing damage.

As for NAPs, YES I HAVE READ CARL'S GUIDE SEVERAL TIMES! But nothing active says anything about trash cans. This has happened with just "tech support" active and that shouldn't break trash cans.

And I know how to repeal the NAPs I hate, I pretty much let them play out but I always repeal "sharing is caring" and have actually gotten quite good at getting signatures for it.

Maybe read my original question to the OP. I just asked what NAPs were active so I could see if that was what was active in my game. I didn't ask to be treated like a child who can't figure out why 1+1=2.

Please don't offer me any more "advice" on this issue. If I could give negative XP, I would.

Message 98 of 153 (817 Views)

Champion

@j4f0, I'm sure @SheriGR didn't mean for you to feel like you were being treated like a child. We cannot assume that people know everything, nor can we  guess what people know about the game or don't know.Disappointed  In order to trouble shoot we need to ask questions that seem obvious to some people but that aren't' to everyone. Even if it doesn't help you, it might help someone else who is reading this and has a similar problem or who doesn't know what NAP stands for. Raised eyebrowStandard smile

@SheriGRalso didn't know if you had read Carl's Guide yet or not, so that is why she asked again, since you didn't say if you read it or not and that it wasn't of any help to you in this situation. 
Also it is against the rules to type in all caps, as it is the equivalent of shouting. 

As for your trashcans, I know the OP doesn't use Mods/CC and neither did the person who you asked about which NAPs they used, but are you also playing without Mods or CC?  Even though that isn't causing this issue, it might complicate your situation if you use them. Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 99 of 153 (758 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 no mods, and I didn't even know this was a problem until I saw the original post. That was why I asked for more info from the OP. As I said before, they don't look "full" to me, the look like someone started kicking them or hitting them with a bat and put holes in them so I thought that's what was happening in my game.

As for being treated like a child, I was being given information I never asked for in the first place. I had read in-game and on Carl's site about the active NAPs in my town and I knew that they shouldn't have had any effect on the cans. I now know that EL is just a nearly broken pack and so I will just work with it until a fix comes along.
Message 100 of 153 (749 Views)