Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Up to and including Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sims put a lot of trash into the external trash can.
What happens when the bug occurs? The external trash can fills up and appears to be overflowing
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see external trash cans filling up to the point of overflowing without Eco Lifestyle installed since the special lot trait that requires them to be emptied comes with Eco Lifestyle. Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the June 3, 2020 game update (ie PC: 1.63.133.1020 )

Here's a screenshot of the overflowing outdoor garbage can from Island Living: 

The same happens with this base game garbage can, here's one screenshot that you can see it full inside (previously it wasn't)

Here is that same trash can after that last garbage bag got added, you can see what looks like garbage at the base of the garbage can:

Please note that I've not had any mods in my game for a number of months and have never used custom content. I also deleted my localthumbcache file and repaired my game after the update. Standard smile

Best regards, 
Jennifer

Message 1 of 153 (35,151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

Hero

Fixed an issue in which external garbage cans were constantly being filled up when not having Eco Lifestyle installed. It is a good thing to be conscious of our overall everyday waste footprint but there is something to be said about too much trash that is… seemingly uninvited.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Don't know if the fix applies if you do own Eco but don't have the lot trait present. Please create a new thread if that's still occuring.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 153 of 153 (11,458 Views)

All Replies

Re: External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MapleSimmer I'm also seeing this in my game. I have all packs, no Mods or CC ever. I'm on Mac. (Sorry for the dark screenshot - it's evening.)
Also after the June 3, 2020 game update (1.63.133.1220 )

This is before it just before it overflowed:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 8.07.24 PM.png

And this is after it was overflowing:
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 8.23.54 PM.png

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 153 (35,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have the same problem. Every time the garbage cans get full I have to sell and re-buy, because there seem to not be a way of emptying them.

Edit: A workaround is to buy a trash chute, it's from City Living and Discover University (maybe other packs too?), they work in houses and are bottomless and free.

Message 3 of 153 (34,967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue for me, PC, all packs, no mods/CC. On a small lot, causes the entire outdoor area to be uncomfortable due to being dirty. I tried a few different outdoor bins but they all had the problem. Only solution is to sell and buy a new bin.

Message 4 of 153 (34,932 Views)

★ Apprentice

exactly what I do, I'm sure they will fix it soon

Message 5 of 153 (34,898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have this too. since the june 2020 update. mines on mac though

Message 6 of 153 (34,857 Views)

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

★★★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer Me to! They fill up and I was hoping trash service would be a part of the new bills breakdown but it’s not. Now I see it’s only for Eco Living. What an annoying glitch!
Message 7 of 153 (34,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@simmerTJtheGreatI was also hoping for some trash service when I saw that the cans filled up. Would've been a nice touch if they had added it. They don't even have to come in a car or anything (because a lot of the worlds don't have roads), there can just be someone coming and picking up the trash.

Edit: I’ve found out that trash service exists, but only for the lots with the Reduce and Recycle lot trait that came with Eco Lifestyle.

Message 8 of 153 (34,415 Views)

Re: External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm currently playing the updated PS4 version, and I am having the same problem. I have two indoor Generiq Plastic Wastebaskets, and one outdoor Wheeled Trash Bin on my residential lot. As soon as I use the outdoor can it "breaks". I've tried to simply purchase a new one, and the same thing happened. I then purchased the CanOFlage Outdoor Trash Receptacle, and (knock on wood) so far I haven't had an issue.

Quick update: The CanOFlage Outdoor Receptacle didn't work very well. If I am going to be purchasing new trashcans on a daily basis, I may as well continue using the cheapest ones available.

Message 9 of 153 (34,401 Views)

★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer The only work-around I’m finding is to buy the dumpster from the eco living pack and dumpster dive several times.
Message 10 of 153 (34,229 Views)