[FIXED] Expire Date on food vanishes when put in fridge/ Travelling

by ninom3000

Original Post

Re: Food Won't Expire

★★★ Novice

I've had the same thing happen with regular food. I noticed my sim was eating for a long time. I checked their hunger bar, and it was full. I ended up just cleaning up that plate of food. It doesn't always happen. I need to be more observant to notice exactly when it does happen.

Message 21 of 33 (1,149 Views)

Re: Food Won't Expire

★★★ Guide

I'm experiencing this also, no mods/CC, on Mac.

Tbh, I kinda like this bug as a rotational player. It's fun as I go on rotating within the same family (different generations): the adult children can go to with their kids to visit their mom's (the grandmother) place and have home made apple pie at any given time if I made it ready and put on fridge before changing households Standard smile

Message 22 of 33 (1,108 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Expire Date on food vanishes when put in fridge/ Travelling

★ Apprentice
@ninom3000 This is happening for me too, but I really don't mind. I wish it would work for the retail displays as well. The timer also disappears on food in the Lice Cold Freezer.
Message 23 of 33 (1,048 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Expire Date on food vanishes when put in fridge/ Travelling

★★ Apprentice

This happens to me to since the latest update (11 Nov Patch '20), it also occurs on newly cooked food without traveling. The weird thing is food spoils after my sims take a serving from the meal but there is no timer, so i cant check for food freshness.

Message 24 of 33 (995 Views)

Food does not Expire

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make food and place it in the fridge, save and close the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Food that a sim makes never expires once it is in the fridge. Some of the food in my fridge has been around for generations. It seems to largely be Grand Meals and Cakes with 1-2 pieces out of them, but I have seen it on other items (that's just what happens to be in my fridge right now). I pulled everything out of the fridge after leaving it in there a few weeks and it does not expire. It just says that the item cannot be sold/deleted and does not have an amount of time left on the food. Happens most of the time but occasionally something expires as expected. Ordered pizzas always seem to expire as expected. If I leave everything out of the fridge and save the game and close, they gain the ticker for how long is left on the item until expiration.
What do you expect to see? Most food should expire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached is a screenshot of food in the fridge that does not have the expiration count down even though it should.

Message 25 of 33 (979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of the food in the fridge on my lot expires. There is no countdown saying when the food will go bad, so it never does. This takes away from the realism of the game. Food that is left out on the counter has an expiration countdown, but the food in the fridge does not. Is this a recent update, or is something going wrong with my game?

Message 26 of 33 (887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem but I play on PS4, and it only started happening in the last patch or update we had

Message 27 of 33 (847 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ninom3000 it's been a very long while that I have this problem
I really hope this get fixed asap, please...
thanks Standard smile
Message 28 of 33 (786 Views)

Food in fridge never gets spoiled

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Paranormal Stuff, Nifty Knitting and Journey to Buttu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims store food in the fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? The food can sit in the fridge for days and never gets spoiled. The tooltip doesn't show the countdown time anymore too, until the food is spoiled.
What do you expect to see? I expect the food to get spoiled after a certain amount of time while in the fridge and the countdown to be on the tooltip.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What I wrote on the description....

Message 29 of 33 (717 Views)

★ Guide
@ninom3000 I get this one, too. Pretty much same circumstances. No mods because I’m on console.
Message 30 of 33 (606 Views)