[FIXED] Excessive use of Cell Phone

by Sezzy49

Original Post

My sims are always looking at their phones during a conversation

★★ Apprentice

This has been a bug since the most recent update, INCLUDING the hotfix (Aug 2022).  My sims can't have a conversation without it being delayed because the sims involved in the conversation keep on consulting their phones.  What gives?  This looks like a BUG that must be addressed ASAP.

Message 41 of 57 (1,559 Views)

Re: My sims are always looking at their phones during a conversation

★ Guide

Excessive cell phone use is undoubtedly something that needs to be corrected.

Message 42 of 57 (1,484 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive use of Cell Phone

[ Edited ]
Champion

My Sim is now peeing herself almost daily because she’s in the conservation career and walking from the waterfall to the bathroom takes most of the day because she is glued to her phone just sauntering along. When you travel home with her at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what her needs are - whether fully green, or with one or more bars in the red, she won’t enter the house. She’ll just stand where she appeared and fiddle with her phone. Not even necessarily playing games on it, even if she’s tense or low fun - just fiddling with it. I have autonomy on, and she won’t take care of herself because the phone’s too fascinating. She’s on the phone standing under the waterfall, while swimming, while trying to get her to talk to people. She’s not even a teen - she’s a young adult.

Note: I own neither high school years nor get famous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 43 of 57 (1,425 Views)

Re: Phone Addiction Bug

★ Guide

@Stinalina Now that you mentioned it, I agree, that light is pretty distracting and bothersome. It might be a good idea to start a separate topic for this.

Message 44 of 57 (1,389 Views)

★ Guide

Phone idle animation while walking is interrupting all other animations (digging stuff, talking to people, expressing happiness after finding treasure chest). Watching sims it’s not fun anymore, it’s painful. This needs to be completely removed and change back to how it was before when sims would actually take out the phone to play game or search web - action that would give them fun at least. This idle animation is useless and makes sims look ridiculous at best. I need to mentioned that this animation becomes stuck as well and it will repeat itself after barely 1 second, there is no cool down.

As other mentioned, it also makes sims not run anymore. They will walk to the farthest place, wasting time. It destroys occult gameplay too - werewolves rampaging while looking at the phone on all fours, vampires glued to the screen. I won’t even mention players who enjoy decades challenges - those are impossible at this point as game doesn’t make us forget that sim has cellphone in the pocket.

Please, let’s remove this phone idle animation! 🙏🏻 

Message 45 of 57 (1,338 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have the same problem, I can understand that an adolescent sim has the need to check the phone more often, but adults and the elderly should not constantly feel like checking their phone.

Message 46 of 57 (1,244 Views)

★★ Pro

The teenagers do it while their taking an exam.. :D I'm pretty sure my teacher would not have approved if I did this at school..

Message 47 of 57 (1,221 Views)

Re: Excessive use of Cell Phone

★★★★★ Novice

I don't use mods in my game.  We shouldn't need to use a mod to have the game run right.

Message 48 of 57 (1,188 Views)

Re: Phone Addiction Bug

★★★ Pro

I am for a new walk style *Phone Addicted* So all people which want phone zombies can get phone zombies with all phone’s idle animation. All other get the old behaviour back before Patch 1.90.358.1030, so that my sim don’t glue on phone anymore and don’t fiddle with the stupid phone anymore if he is talking with his beloved family & friends.

Message 49 of 57 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Especially annoying when they always use their phone IN the water even in mermaid form ..

Message 50 of 57 (1,337 Views)