Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play a household which have at least 1 cat. 2. Go to World menu. 3. Switch to other played household.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. Play a household which have at least 1 cat. 2. Go to World menu. 3. Switch to other played household. What happens when the bug occurs? My played household's sims AND nearby nonplayed sims are wishing about a "white pillow". This popup happens often(80%+), and sometimes it duplicate with "talking". I switched to other played household, now have this effect. Of course, all sims wishing this don't need sleeping(energy level: green). (I'm not talking about wishicon(bottom-left).) Not talking: ( White Pillow Icon )Ooo [Sim] While Talking: ( Icon I can't see because it overlayed by Pillow)=>[Sim] + ( White Pillow Icon )Ooo [Sim]
What do you expect to see? What is causing this? I tried to fix these sims("resetsim First Last", "sims.remove_all_buffs", restart the game) but nothing changed. The cat's broadcast system might have a bug or something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch

<edit: Fixed form again>

Message 1 of 59 (8,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

Hero

• We fixed an issue where thought bubbles would overlap and never go away. It should be fixed now, at least, that is our thought. Bubble. Get it.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (5,705 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims are wishing about white pillow for no reason

[ Edited ]
Hero

You get a moodlet for that (buff = moodlet) a whim or a speech bubble about it ?

Could you post a picture (you can attach that directly to your post) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 59 (8,103 Views)

Hero
So speech bubble.

Sounds like this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936131/pillow-thought-bubbles#latest

Do any of your lots have the peace and quite lot trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 59 (8,089 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims are wishing about white pillow for no reason

★★★ Guide

I have been getting this too, except my excessive thought bubble is the red sports car and not a pillow. But my Sims will seriously think about this car constantly, it even overlaps other things like speech bubbles. There is a cat on the affected lot, but I don't know if the issue is related to cats or not. 

Message 4 of 59 (8,007 Views)

Hero

Edited the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 59 (7,998 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone,

We have not been able to reproduce your issue. Would any of you be willing to send us your save games? If so, please follow these steps: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 59 (7,972 Views)

★ Guide

I have this problem but it comes and goes - the thought bubble that gets excessive changes too - I have had the pillow, the red sports car, a money sign, etc. When it happens - it overlays on top of their real thought. Even townies will get the thought bubble. It seems one sim will have a thought and it gets stuck or something and overlays other sims thoughts. Like I think the pillow one started when one of my sims first started playing a violin and the sims around got the pillow thought because the sim was playing badly and they wanted to cover their ears with a pillow - that is normal, but then it starts popping up for all the sims on top of their other real thoughts for a long period after. I am playing a challenge so I do rotate to different households and all of them have at least one cat. It does not always happen - sometimes it goes away. I think when I play for a long period is when it happens the most. I tried to attach the save but it says unsupported extension type and I know nothing about Google drive or One drive - sorry.

Message 7 of 59 (7,901 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this too, but the thought bubble was a chess piece, and I don't have any cats in my household

Message 8 of 59 (7,884 Views)

Hero

Would you guys to be willing to saves with QA as per instructions on page 1 ?

@LiaRose1435  @GypsyRozLyn

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 59 (7,861 Views)

★ Guide

crinrict

OK - I think I figured out how to do it using one drive and sent my saved game in a private message to SimQA_Icarus

Not sure I did it right though since never did this before.

Message 10 of 59 (7,848 Views)