Re: [OPEN] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

by mixedcoon

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I've had the overlapping thought bubbles as well. Usually either a red sports car or the 'talk to the hand' symbol.

I hope this gets fixed D: It's kinda annoying

Message 41 of 59 (1,586 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
not every thought bubbles, but some bubbles are overlapped with a pillow. it is so annoying.
Message 42 of 59 (1,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Im seeing this issue as well. I also am noticing that other sims wont stay sleeping and my cats seem to be afraid of something constantly. Not sure if thats related. Glad to see it’s not just me.

Message 43 of 59 (1,475 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have the same problem, I am constantly getting the "talk to the hand" thought bubble.

2018-07-11_23-11-48.png

Message 44 of 59 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep, samesies for me--red car, hand, pillow all overlapping real thoughts/speech bubbles. It's making me sad. :<
Message 45 of 59 (1,333 Views)

★ Guide

I been having speech bubbles one on top of the other since the last season patch. Never seen this before. One thought bubble persisting over the other bubble that changes with the seasons. It was a picture of a toilet for the summer and changed to an airplane for the fall. 

Message 46 of 59 (1,306 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh yeah, I've definitely been seeing the excess "hand" thought bubbles without any reason for them to be there lately. Not sure if I've seen the other ones, though.

Message 47 of 59 (1,300 Views)

Thought Bubble Overlapping / Not Changing

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs and several stuff packs (Laundry day,Vintage Glamour, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio, and Free Stuff)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an item block the sims path so that they think (show image in thought bubble) about said item. I had a dresser that blocked the sim's path to her bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? I removed the dresser and she could then get into bed but now all she can think about is that dresser that was blocking her path. It is also all her husband and someone from the welcome party can think about. (for the guest, you can see the image of the dresser is on top of whatever he is actually thinking about). The guest wasn't on the lot when the path was blocked and the dresser is no longer on the lot.
What do you expect to see? I would receive the 'this item is blocking my path' thought until the item was removed at which point you wouldn't see that thought again. It would also not affect sims who did not have the pathing problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(nothing else to note)

Message 48 of 59 (1,206 Views)

Re: Thought Bubble Overlapping / Not Changing

Hero
Hi @Silvernox3

that's interesting info on the issue.

I've merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 59 (1,203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This issue started with my game today aswell, just after I installed Seasons and Jungle Adventures.
My sim keeps thinking of an aeroplane over all other bubbles.
No mods, no CC.

It's kind of amazing how annoying it is when you start thinking about it!

Message 50 of 59 (1,157 Views)