[FIXED] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive Water Drinking (Patch 1.55.102 Edition)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictIf you're going by the posts you see here, it's "gotten better" because it's been so much of a problem, a lot of players like myself have long since turned many of them off. This is easy with MCCC, but with this latest update/pack, they added a new one that MCCC can't detect... (yet)

I personally have 20 different automated interactions disabled with MCTuner in my game.

Message 11 of 39 (2,202 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.102 Edition)

★ Guide

Yeah, same here with the stupid, obsessive water drinking, even with Vampires. God, I hate this "feature". Can the devs please, please do away with this? It serves absolutely no purpose. It's nonsense.

No CC or mods in my game.

Message 12 of 39 (2,178 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps I personally meant my game which doesn't have MCCC Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 39 (2,160 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Unfortunately I have no idea. I've had them turned off with MCCC for so long, I've long since forgotten it was an issue. Glasses of water from sink, fridge, drinks from bar, shoveling snowdrifts, making tea...

It would be really nice to have an option to turn off all these automated tasks that don't really accomplish anything.
Message 14 of 39 (2,148 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water Drinking (Patch 1.55.102 Edition)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@d8asiNah they literally just added a new interaction pertaining to getting water from the sink. MC Tuner lets you look through the list of interactions and I found a new one that hadn't been there before. I would recommend the mod as it cuts down on the number of separate no-autonomy mods that you have to keep up with and update. The main things I disable are the water drinking, hugging and serenading... Oh and putting away pet toys. 😂

@PsychotpsI had already figured it out pretty much right away. Didn't even have to add that line manually, I just waited for a Sim to autonomously attempt the interaction and then used some funtion of the mod (can't remember the name right now) to find the exact interaction and disable it.

As a side note... when I saw that there was Indeed an entirely new interaction for getting water I had to think that the devs must just be trolling us with it at this point, because I cannot think of a good reason for adding that especially when they know players already find it annoying. 

Message 15 of 39 (2,105 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

★★★ Guide

It's really becoming a hassle for me. Sometimes I'll have the briefest of moments before I select the next action for my sim and the "drink water" immediately pops up. Guests to my sims home are obsessed with getting a drink of water too. I feel like I have to constantly babysit them every second, it's really frustrating.

Message 16 of 39 (2,039 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Cabelle1863 I wish the devs understood how these little annoyances, mostly the really obsessive frequent ones, can really kill the enjoyment of the game. Especially for people who can't/won't use mods.
Message 17 of 39 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just installed the new patch, opened my game and my Sim goes to get 3 glasses of water in a row. I have MCCC in my game but never used the Tuner before. I really hope they get rid of this, so annoying!

Message 18 of 39 (1,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no mods or cc - just vanilla game. I own everything except the new "magic" pack.

I currently have a normal sim in Sulani who I have to chase down constantly because he keeps going to the sink for water. Once he even grabbed a glass of water so fast after washing dishes I didn't even have a chance to stop him - went straight from dish washing to filling water glass. This stuff is driving me nuts. *heavy sigh*

Message 19 of 39 (1,975 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If I don't give my sims something to do it takes barely a second and they're on the way to get water or orange juice.

Message 20 of 39 (1,848 Views)