[FIXED] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave your Sims idle and observe how they go and get a glass of water all the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's empty glasses everywhere.
What do you expect to see? Moderate water drinking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.55.102

This has been an issue before .. then it got better .. now it's back with all force.

Please refer to the old thread for more details: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-Excessive-autonomous-drinking-from-sink-bar-fridge/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 39 (14,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Idle Sims will no longer drink water excessively.
○ They will now hydrate appropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

New thread for apartment keyholders: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apartment-Keyholders-constantly-drink-milk-and-juice/m-p/84264...

If you still see this otherwise, please use this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Editi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 39 (13,561 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive Water Drinking (Patch 1.55.102 Edition)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I thought it was just my game and really was not paying close attention. Then I realized all members of my family of five were willy-nilly grabbing water all the time. Needs were high but they kept getting water.
No occults of any type. Family is my own created in CAS just a few days ago.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.55.105.1020 Patch 05Sept2019
All content installed thru Realm Of Magic
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 39 (14,345 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water Drinking (Patch 1.55.102 Edition)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Same.

Been playing a test game trying to figure something else out and noticed my Sim leaving off snorkeling to ride, swim and run home for a glass of orange juice. Thinking Hunger bar was full.

Different Sim, same household. Get water.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 9.20.06 AM.jpg

Message 3 of 39 (14,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This has also been a problem on my Xbox one since I have installed Moschino Stuff pack. How do I find the version number to report it as a console bug also?

Message 4 of 39 (14,128 Views)

Hero
@Kchk25 Reporting it here is fine as you guys are almost caught up although you don't have the patch that made it really bad again yet.

It's always been an issue but for me it had gotten better and is now a lot worse.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (14,079 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't understand the devs' obsession with making our Sims want to drink things at all times. Confused 

I've been using MC Tuner forever to disable autonomous water drinking. Just patched and started playing RoM today and one of the first things I saw was one of my Sims heading to get a glass of water. I about died....thought maybe my Tuner settings had reverted somehow, but nope, settings still in place but they snuck yet another water-getting interaction in there that I had to find and disable. 

This has been such a constant annoyance for players, that they can't seem to properly fix, so it just seems to me that maybe it would be better for the devs to turn autonomy off for those actions altogether. 

Message 6 of 39 (14,018 Views)

★★ Pro
I don't understand why my vampire sim enjoys drinking water.
Message 7 of 39 (13,927 Views)

★★ Novice

I am not using MC Tuner, but a different one. It seems to have turned off drinking from the fridge, but not the sink. She won't stop and even leaves festivals and Karaoke bars (City Living) to go home and get a drink of water.

I suspected that the problem was in the tuning. The menu option for the fridge is "Grab Water" while the sink is "Get Water". I figured the mod-maker merely made a mistake and tuned the sink with "Grab" instead of "Get". I don't know much about mod tuning, so I can't check it myself.

Maybe the problem is not in the mods. Maybe the game tuning made the error, so the code is not seeing the "Get Water" as one of the exempted commands?

Message 8 of 39 (13,836 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.102 Edition)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict, I’m having the same issue on my Mac... hope it gets better in the future.

Message 9 of 39 (13,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@ShinoTypeError  MCTuner still works, EA just added a new automated "Get Water" interaction, add this to your mc_tuner.cfg file:

222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

Problem is, MCTuner can't detect the new interaction yet. I got that from the MCCC devs themselves.

Message 10 of 39 (13,822 Views)