Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue, though mine seems to be a bit more moderate than others', possibly because I micromanage my Sims quite a bit lol. Anyway, I've had a definite increase in water-drinking, and even more so in orange juice drinking. Like others, I've had my Sims trek long distances just to get a glass of OJ with very high Hunger. I'm playing on a MacBook Pro (early 2015) with the Mojave OS. My game is fully updated and I have all the packs except the Moschino and Realm of Magic ones. I do have mods, but I've been using them since before the 1.55 patch and haven't had this issue, and none, AFAIK, affect the XMLs related to drinks or the fridge at all.

Message 31 of 39 (2,348 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sims have been absolutely obsessed with drinking water from the sink for the past month or so. This wasn't an issue before. Really annoying bug...

Message 32 of 39 (2,327 Views)

Champion (Retired)

... and the drinking water continues after 1.56.52.1020 Patch 03Oct2019.
Visitors come in and go straight for the sink or fridge for water. Then they leave empty glasses just sitting around.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 33 of 39 (2,292 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Except for water, orange juice and milk, they also make bar-drinks and coffee all the time.

Message 34 of 39 (2,206 Views)

★★ Guide

Test 1 - tried brand new save - Get Water cancelled his viewing of the tree before he was finished. Tried viewing the tree again, same results.

Test 2 - tried a game repair -

A - no Get Water showed up while he was opening the [Willow Creek tree] secret location (don't bother cheering).

B - Tried a sim (living in that area) in each of my template saves (and a few others), Get Water popped up in each one. 

C - tried another new save and Get Water popped up, canceling the viewing of tree. Tried a couple more new saves with same results.

Test 3 - tried regenerating the set of folders - Also did another repair - Also didn't put in old save folder.

A - brand spanking new save - Viewed tree twice, Get water popped up. More tries in more new saves resulted in same (Get water popping up, canceling viewing of tree or popping up just as finished viewing).

Note 1 - opening that secret location was a handy test, due to having sims living right next to the tree (Willow Creek, Daisy Hovel) because living there (in that neighborhood) provided access to a sink.  Obviously if your sim doesn't live there and doesn't knock on anyones door to gain access to a sink, opening the secret location would not be a problem.

So apparently if I avoid taking my sims anywhere there are sinks, I can avoid them trying to run off to Get Water.

Note 2 - this bug is even worse when the sim is a spell castors because they can travel very quickly via a broom. (Not giving them a broom doesn't stop the game from giving them a broom to use, which is probably yet another bug)

This bug is driving me nuts. I have reached the point of not really wanting to even play (and can't deal with playing my spell castors). I'm also considering not buying Discover University or any more packs until this bug is nuked.  (Oh and nuke those stupid situational outfits too) 

Message 35 of 39 (2,179 Views)

★★ Guide

They really should delete this "feature" as it serves no purpose. Or is the purpose to make players irritated? :o

Message 36 of 39 (2,097 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm the bug. I am playing a Vanilla Game, no CC, no Mods. They are drinking all the time. Maybe the new death type in the November Mod is water poisoning ;-)

Message 37 of 39 (2,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Idle Sims will no longer drink water excessively.
○ They will now hydrate appropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

New thread for apartment keyholders: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apartment-Keyholders-constantly-drink-milk-and-juice/m-p/84264...

If you still see this otherwise, please use this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Editi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 39 (13,560 Views)

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Made a new thread.

Please use these

New thread for apartment keyholders: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apartment-Keyholders-constantly-drink-milk-and-juice/m-p/84264...

If you still see this otherwise, please use this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Editi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (1,873 Views)