Re: [OPEN] Evolve plant evolves two plants plus off animation

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: Evolving plants evolves all available plants

Hero

Hi @ceb6973

I would just need the first post edited.

If @LadyAelswith is still around they could just add the template.

If not, open a new thread (please check back in about a week) and I merge the old thread into this.

About the weeding. Do you still see that too ? There was a fix for that in the c&D patch although it was quite specific. If you still see it, make a new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (931 Views)

Re: Evolving plants evolves all available plants

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! If I don't see it in the next few days I'll post a new thread on the evolving plants issue. As for the weeding problem, I haven't personally seen this lately (although it happens with the evolving problem, when they move to evolve the second plant they bend down to evolve that second plant, but the evolving animation takes place on a different plant... I haven't checked to see if the animation happens on the first plant you evolved or just some other random plant, but the animation is off). I only mentioned the weeding issue because someone else mentioned still seeing it, and to clarify that the evolving plants issue is a separate one.

Message 11 of 19 (867 Views)

Re: Evolve plant evolves two plants plus off animation

Champion

I've seen this behaviour in my game for as long as I can remember.

But I'd like it to be consistent with the other plant options - e.g. an Evolve All (like there's a Harvest All) option so I can just click once and have my sim visit every evolvable plant. Or, be like the Water and Weed option so that they visit every plant that needs evolving automatically.

Basically I find it annoying to have to manually click multiple plants when I want to evolve the whole garden.

Message 13 of 19 (846 Views)

Re: Evolve plant evolves two plants plus off animation

Hero

I've merged old in new now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 19 (836 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (811 Views)

★ Pro
Crinrict, I noticed this thread is still on the bug list but don't think it's relevant with the recent gardening system overhaul.

FWIW, only one plant at a time seems to evolve now but my sims have also developed the ability to evolve plants from locations on the lot other than the garden, their kitchen for example, lol.  I don't know whether that's a design change or a bug.  Only someone from the QA team can clarify that point.

At any rate, I'm certainly ok with you closing the thread because of the overhaul and get it off your list of things to keep up with.
Message 16 of 19 (3,184 Views)

Hero
Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

I can

- Leave it open but remove from the list
- Mark as fixed and remove from list
- Mark as archived and remove from list

What do you prefer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (770 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I think it would have to be considered fixed since only one plant is evolving and the new, different animation only shows on the plant being evolved.  I think it should be deleted from the list, myself.

Do you want me to file a bug report for the ability to evolve from a location that is away from the garden?  I've been unsure what to do since it could be a design change. IDK, but it really takes me aback when it happens, lol.  It's like my sims have developed telekinetic abilities Standard smile

Message 18 of 19 (757 Views)

Hero
Ok. I'll marked this as fixed.

Thanks.

ATM, there's a lot of stuff going on atm and a lot of bugs are being reported.

My suggestion: I don't think it's that big a deal, so I would wait until things have cooled down a bit.

If you're really bothered about it, create a thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (747 Views)