Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Evolve plant evolves two plants plus off animation

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct sim to "evolve" a plant
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of just evolving one plant, the sim will evolve two plants. Also, when the second plant is evolved, the evolve animation repeats on the first plant, as shown in attached pic.
What do you expect to see? Only one plant should evolve, as far as I know.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There is an old thread for this issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Evolving-plants-evolves-all-available-plants/m-p/6004271#...

Appears @crinrict needs template provided for merging.  I am seeing the evolve issue with all sim households I am playing.

Message 12 of 19 (2,725 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Evolve plant evolves two plants plus off animation

★ Pro
Crinrict, I noticed this thread is still on the bug list but don't think it's relevant with the recent gardening system overhaul.

FWIW, only one plant at a time seems to evolve now but my sims have also developed the ability to evolve plants from locations on the lot other than the garden, their kitchen for example, lol.  I don't know whether that's a design change or a bug.  Only someone from the QA team can clarify that point.

At any rate, I'm certainly ok with you closing the thread because of the overhaul and get it off your list of things to keep up with.

View in thread

Message 16 of 19 (3,006 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Evolving plants evolves all available plants

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Whenever my sim is gardening i usually have problems with evolving plants and weeding them.

First off when i tell my sim to evolve 1 plant, they should only evolve 1 right? Well whenever she evolves one, she moves on to the next one and the glowing effect after you evolve still stays with the first one she already evolved? and there is no glowing effect on the second.

Secondly whenever she weeds plants she is weeding the same plant over and over and the weeds are not there on the others "pretty much meaning shes weeding all of them from one plant"

*As you can see in the video she is evolving one plant then moves to the next and the glowing effect is still on the first plant *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X9t9wmDgIo&feature=youtu.be

I don't use Mods or CC in my game.

Message 1 of 19 (3,313 Views)

Re: Problems with gardening

Hero

The evolve is a known issue. I'm unsure if it has it's own thread though or if it was mentioned in others.

On the weeding: Does she always weed plants ? There's an issue with weeding in strange places here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Re-OPENED-Sims-weed-objects/m-p/3582795#M3344 

That one is still open to my knowledge but seems less. Could be related though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (3,292 Views)

★ Guide

She doesn't always weed plants. Only when i tell her too but she weeds the same one over and over, i did have that glitch where she would weed the mailbox xD but i haven't had that bug since it got fixed.

Message 3 of 19 (3,289 Views)

Hero

OK, Could you post about the weeding in that thread anyways. I think it's similar enough and it's still open.

Using this for the evolve. I found it in the aspiration collection there here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Aspirations-not-fulfilling/m-p/585... but the aspiration is just the symptoms of the evolve bug so I think it's ok to have a separate thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (3,285 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, i just posted.

Message 5 of 19 (3,283 Views)

Hero

Thank you 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (3,277 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Evolving plants evolves all available plants

★★ Guide

I was so pleased when I first noticed they were evolving more than one plant - 'Evolve All' has been top of my wish list since forever! But like the Op said they're only evolving two at a time, seeing the animation out of place doesn't bother me so much. But it has become more frustrating now that the Sims can plant multiples, place a load of fruit on the ground and click on one to plant and they'll shove the lot in the ground, just like watering and weeding when they find all the other needy plants. We really need issues like this to be pinned in a 'chronic faults' list to keep them persistent in the devs focus and not allow them to be swept under the rug or left to wither and die!

Message 7 of 19 (3,261 Views)

Re: Evolving plants evolves all available plants

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (3,232 Views)

Re: Evolving plants evolves all available plants

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Crinrict, 

I'm wondering if I should start a fresh thread about this evolving plants issue that's been around for so long. I know that it's partially an issue about aspirations not fulfilling (as evolving plants is part of the gardening aspiration) but the issue goes beyond that. And since this is a very old problem, I'm surprised every time there's a patch that this issue hasn't been addressed yet. I keep checking threads about it too, and I'm wondering if it's getting lost because it doesn't have its own stand alone thread.

To recap the problem: When you click "Evolve" on a plant, the sim won't just evolve that single plant if there are other plants in need of evolving around. They will evolve the first plant, then move on to evolve a second plant as if it's chained like watering, but the tally only counts that evolving of two plants as if you've only evolved one plant. AND the chain drops after evolving the second plant.

Yes, this does make earning the gardening aspiration a pain when you need to evolve two plants for every one credit toward your tally (especially when you reach the evolve excellent plants aspiration), but that's not the main issue. Because if you space your plants far enough apart, you CAN cancel the sim from evolving that second plant if you're fast enough. But it's really tricky to do.

I know there is also a separate issue where sims appear to weed or water the same plant over and over, or their weeding animation takes place elsewhere on the lot, so it looks like they're trying to weed an end table or something. I believe that to be a separate issue, as the few times I've had it, quitting, repairing and restarting has always resolved it. Whereas the evolve issue seems to be a bug that only adjustments by EA could fix.

(FYI to all those experiencing the weed/water issue: I've noticed that how many plants I have in my inventory plays a role in this triggering, and also in my sims encountering errors. If you have too many items in inventory, the sims tend to error more in my experience. So if you've got all of your fruits, veggies and flowers at counts of 99+, sell them and your sim will error less--and have the weed/water error less. I haven't had that one happen at all since I started keeping my inventories small. I tend to only keep 10-20 of each item in my sim's personal inventory and sell the rest or store what I can in the fridge. And I've had fewer issues ever since!)

Anyway, since this evolving problem is a lingering known issue that's been unresolved for at least a year or more, I'm wondering if making a fresh thread for this issue alone would help.

Thanks for all you do!

C

Message 9 of 19 (2,729 Views)