[FIXED] Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

★★ Novice

What was the first thing that happened when the issue started ? An invite to a certain lot ?

I tried to join my sim at her acting job and the error code came up.

Did it start right after the patch came out or did you get to play some (maybe check out some of the new stuff) and then it happened ?

I placed the smart speaker down, did a couple tasks for her job, then after a day progressed she went to work and I got the error code.

Did any of you try an older backup to see if that also breaks ?

I honestly don't know where to find older backups.

Which packs do you all own ?

I own all of them besides My First Pet Stuff

Did you ever have any mods/cc in the game ?

No

Also, after hearing about deleting the speaker, I tried deleting the speaker and relaunching the game and it still didn't work. Also I tried moving her into another lot and I can't even visit that lot now.

Message 61 of 118 (584 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, I could continue the game. I played as her friend and invited her to a residential lot. They traveled to her apartment and now I can play as her. Seems that the bug causes to break every public lot she travels to.

Message 62 of 118 (574 Views)

★★ Guide
Shoot if deleting the speaker didn't fix the issue then I dont guess that's the reason.

Replying to Just Hope it seems like its caused from sims getting corrupted.
Message 63 of 118 (603 Views)

Re: Error Code 102 - Completely Unable to Load and Play Family

★★ Novice
Last night I fell victim to the recent patch which cause the travel bug. I was able to get my Sim however. What I had to do was try and load the game that she was saved under. When it wouldn’t let me play her I had to choose a different family in the same save. That way I could travel to where she was and I did the testing cheats true and forced her into my family. Then I was able to upload my Sim onto the gallery and into my library. And by doing that I was able to save all of the skills that she learned and mastered and she stayed a three star celebrity. Once she was in the gallery I was able to start a new game and download her into a new house and everything has been working perfectly so far!

I hope this helps!!!
Message 64 of 118 (631 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I was also able to travel without error after removing the smart speakers in my game.
Message 65 of 118 (616 Views)

Re: Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

★★★ Novice

What was the first thing that happened when the issue started ? An invite to a certain lot ?

• My sim had a work from home task for the political career that required him to go to San Myshuno and deliver a speech, so I tried to make my sim travel to the Stargazer lounge so that I could complete the task. The error appeared after I clicked on the lot and attempted to load it, and redirected me back to the map. I relaunched the game as suggested by the popup, but when I reopened the game it said that my sims were in the Stargazer lounge and when I tried to play with them I kept getting the same popup.

Did it start right after the patch came out or did you get to play some (maybe check out some of the new stuff) and then it happened ?

• The error occurred the same day I updated the game, but before I tried to travel I spent some time checking out the new stuff. I placed a bunch of the new speakers throughout my house, and I thought that they might be the problem after reading through this thread but the error still occurs even though I deleted all of the speakers from my house.

Did any of you try an older backup to see if that also breaks ?

• I don’t know how to try an older backup of the same save file but I tried a different save file and it didn’t break.

Which packs do you all own ?

• Everything except Get Famous, Luxury Party, My First Pet, and Vintage Glamour

Did you ever have any mods/cc in the game ?

• No.

Here’s a link to the save file that I’m having an issue with: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lEj-M2ASgyW2D5CwQoVbdIHMEv06Slsw

Thank you!!

Message 66 of 118 (604 Views)

Re: Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

Hero

Hm, curious

I checked for speakers in households that had the issue and coudn't find them but maybe I overlooked so tagging 

So did everyone place them in their homes that has the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 118 (573 Views)

Hero

@natabeartv wrote:

@Meg1Giles1 wrote:

I had this same issue and actually went on this page to find out what the * was going on. What I found to be the issue was the Lin-Z Smart Speaker. After I deleted it, the issue just went away. Maybe it’s something to do with the new electronics. 

I also noticed this on the traveling issue. Started when I placed the speaker and stopped when I deleted it.

In which household did you place them ? In the one that's not loading ? I can't find them there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 118 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@natabeartv wrote:

@Meg1Giles1 wrote:

I had this same issue and actually went on this page to find out what the * was going on. What I found to be the issue was the Lin-Z Smart Speaker. After I deleted it, the issue just went away. Maybe it’s something to do with the new electronics. 

I also noticed this on the traveling issue. Started when I placed the speaker and stopped when I deleted it.

In which household did you place them ? In the one that's not loading ? I can't find them there.

I placed it in my single sim's (Natalie Brownie) apartment and began encountering the error code immediately when traveling with her. I removed it while trying to find any possible solution and I haven't encountered a single error code with her since.

I didn't place one anywhere with "The Brownie Family." I hadn't loaded their house at all after the patch until I tried to load it and discovered that it always gave me the error code. I have no idea why they became unplayable. Frown

Message 69 of 118 (549 Views)

Hero
@natabeartv Did the mom visit you while you had the speakers in her sisters apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 118 (541 Views)