[FIXED] Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

EDIT: For the latter issue, It seems that she wasn't actually unemployed, the career tab was just bugged. Using the computer to quit the gig (probably any change to career?) fixed it. For the error message, I tried removing the smart speakers from my home as others mentioned, and was able to follow my sim to her job without an error.

I had this error too, and I think it caused another problem - not sure if it's related or not.

One of my sims is in the acting career, and I had the prompt to go to work with her (her first gig after the update yesterday). I selected yes, which is when I got booted to the worlds screen with this error message. Upon reloading my game, she was suddenly unemployed and when trying to rejoin the career, there was no longer the option, although my other sims are able to join the acting career. I thought it was caused by mods, so I removed my entire mod folder and the problem still persists. I also did try to recover a save from before this occurred and in that she's still unemployed. I have repaired my game.

For packs, I have Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure and Laundry Day. I will message you my save shortly.

Message 31 of 118 (1,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@natabeartv wrote:

Alrighty I'll try that out. Thank you. Standard smile  

Seems so odd for her to be causing an error code, I haven't played them in awhile but it was working fine before. Versions of the same family load fine on different saves. Maybe something in her inventory that the game doesn't like?

As for your questions, my issues started immediately after the patch. I also placed the new smart speaker in her apartment. The first occurance iirc was when my single sim needed to go to work on the acting lot and I tried to join her. I don't know about the traveling issue, but I am able to load my family on older saves.

The only cc/mods that I had were 3 hairstyles, default skin, eyelashes, a rose vase in build that I rarely use, and then the No Intro mod and a Smaller Mosaic mod.

I've tried deleting relationships, emptying inventory, changing her into a random Sim in CAS, giving a new job .. nothing helped 

You can also just wait if EA/Maxis can fix it.

Only things I didn't remove were skills and traits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 118 (1,275 Views)

★ Guide

What was the first thing that happened when the issue started ? An invite to a certain lot ?

I wanted to edit another family using manage worlds. The issues are not with the lots that I played on since the patch.

Did it start right after the patch came out or did you get to play some (maybe check out some of the new stuff) and then it happened ?

I've played a decent amount of hours after I started noticing the issue. I haven't tried loading into these households since the patch dropped.

Did any of you try an older backup to see if that also breaks ?

Haven't tried this yet.

Which packs do you all own ?

All but My first pet stuff, Toddler stuff, Kids room stuff, Spooky stuff

Did you ever have any mods/cc in the game ?

Yes, but currently no script mods. Only some custom assets.

Message 33 of 118 (1,267 Views)

Re: Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

Hero

So I can't seem to figure this out. Tested multiple save now. Most have the issue very reproducible and it's one or two Sims in the family that are affected. Lots with these Sims can't be loaded.

There's always a LastException as well so I hope QA can figure this out

Thanks for all the save, I'll forward them to QA.

If you all could answer my questions though and give some more info, it might be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 118 (1,238 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, so glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem! Answered some of the questions to try to help out.

• What was the first thing that happened when the issue started ? An invite to a certain lot ?I first noticed this when I tried to travel to one of the celebrity hot spot. I then tried traveling to my acting career job and the gym and to other home lots and the error showed up all times.
  • Did it start right after the patch came out or did you get to play some (maybe check out some of the new stuff) and then it happened ?It started after I downloaded the latest patch and then the error started to appear all of the time. So basically my sims are stuck at home, trapped.
  • Did any of you try an older backup to see if that also breaks ?No idea how to do this, sorry.
  • Which packs do you all own ?Get to Work, City Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Kids Room Stuff, and Laundry Day
  • Did you ever have any mods/cc in the game ?I do and I removed them, and the error is still happening. 
Message 35 of 118 (1,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Idekizzie

This issue isn't mod related as I dont have any mods and I'm affected. I play vinellia.

Message 36 of 118 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please, help me, i have the same error

Message 37 of 118 (1,189 Views)

Hero

Could you please all give as much info as possible

So far, I've been able to replicate it on most saves (except two) but on some, it seems completely broken while for others it seems random.

I hope QA can find the issue. I don't have their tools so it's just trying as many saves as possible and find some kind of common factor.

Since testing is very time consuming, it would be great if everyone could take the time to give info instead of just: I have this issue.

Thanks all

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 118 (1,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Some thoughts after reading through this thread:

- Are all Sims that cause this issue female (I play an all-male household that is not affected)?

- Is there a pattern with hairstyles (perhaps connected with the new hair category), clothes, make-up?

- Are there unusual things in the inventories (tombstones, insects, elements)?

- Are all affected Sims working in playable careers?

- Are members of affected households approaching their birthday?

Message 39 of 118 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I saved my family to the gallery and added them back as family to the sister's household, then moved them back into their house. Everything is going fine now, hopefully it stays that way.  Standard smile  Thank you!

Message 40 of 118 (1,095 Views)