Re: Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

by natabeartv

Original Post

Re: Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, but it isn't only when trying to travel. I can't play my second family at all. Whenever I try to load the house it kicks me back to the world selection screen and gives me the error code. I've removed all of my mods and repaired the game several times.

Message 11 of 118 (2,867 Views)

Error Code 102 - Completely Unable to Load and Play Family

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. I get the error code randomly when my single sim travels to community lots, but I get it 100% of the time when trying to load my second family specifically.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm kicked back to the world selection screen and given a message that says "The game failed to load. Error Code: 102:9285f331:ba9bffb8. It is reccomended that you relaunch the game."
What do you expect to see? My family's house should load and allow me to start playing them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't experience this issue until I installed the patch on 12/18/2018, PC 1.48.90.1020. Since installing the patch I've been constantly encountering this error code.

I am completely unable to play my family in my most recent save. Every time I try to load their house, I'm kicked back to the world selection screen and given Error Code 102. I encounter this 100% of the time, I'm no longer able to play that house. I've tried moving them to different houses in several different worlds, and I've tried changing them in CAS. I've removed all of my mods, cleared my cache, and repaired my game several times, but the only script mods I had before removing them were No Intro and Smaller Mosaic. 

I also encounter the same error code randomly on my single sim when trying to visit community lots. It's never a specific lot, and it doesn't always give me the error. It seems to be random.

Message 12 of 118 (2,876 Views)

Re: Error Code 102 - Completely Unable to Load and Play Family

Hero

Merged some threads here

Could everyone please upload their saves to either google drive or onedrive and post a link either here or via PM to me or @SimGuruNick

@natabeartv @DarkAngel81893 @MikyMiguelsGirl @Jenpants

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 118 (2,860 Views)

Re: Error Code 102 - Completely Unable to Load and Play Family

Hero

Checked a few saves and it's pretty inconclusive to me

@natabeartv For your save it seems to be related to the women in your family. If I remove her from the family, it loads just fine. Doing more test to see if she can be saved.

Another save I checked I was able to duplicate it if I loaded one Sim on a specific lot but when I load ad different one, she was on that and no errors.

Third one I couldn't duplicate at all but maybe I loaded the wrong family.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 118 (2,794 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 on traveling

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens everytime an npc invites my sims to a lot, or when I try to travel with my sims 
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims travel and the game is trying to load the lot I get this message: The game failed to load. Error Code:102:9285f331:ba9bffb8 It is recommended that you relaunch the game.
What do you expect to see? That it will get fixed as soon as possible because my sims are stuck at home now. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but I moved out the folder and it keeps happening anyway. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch Dec 18 2018

Message 15 of 118 (2,772 Views)

Hero

HI @AbyArashi

would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 118 (2,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yeah of course! Where can I upload it? Dropbox? Google drive?

Message 17 of 118 (2,761 Views)

Hero
Google Drive or oneDrive would be best.

Pm me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 118 (2,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AbyArashi tested your save and wasn't able to duplicate any error. Traveling works fine.

Not saying there's no issue cause I could duplicate it on other saves but yours seems fine to me.

Waited for invites for the teen too, all good

Could you shut down the entire game, delete your localthumbcache file and try again ?

@natabeartv

Only solution I could find for your save is this:

1. Go to household manager
  2. Merge your family with the sister of the mother so you can keep the relationship to her
  3. Upload to the library
  4. Delete the household in your game
  5. Put the household you have saved to the library back and split the sister again
  6. Cheat needed money/use freerealestate on to place them in their homes.
  7. This will make you loose all existing relationships outside the family. You might need to add some more to the family if there's anything you want to keep.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 118 (2,723 Views)

Re: Error Code 102.9285f331:ba9bffb8

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jenpants wrote:

Yep, just happened to me when I was traveling to a night club lot in San Myshuno. I can't get back into my household but I can play others. I literally just lost everything.

Not sure if people realise this, but you can click any lot on the map, including your sim’s house and choose the Visit button (looks like a car) instead of the Play button and make your sim travel there.

That might help you get them home if they are stuck on a community lot you can’t load into with the Play button.

Message 20 of 118 (2,723 Views)