Re: Light dimmer settings reset when auto-lights are enabled

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Enabling auto-lights resets light dimmer settings

Hero
As I haven't been able to repro this, I'm tagging this as needs input for now to see if others can see this in their game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 17 (2,240 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Can confirm this is an issue, and we had a similar bug in the past.  Steps to reproduce: 1) Move your sim into an individual (closed off room) within a house, 2) Set a light within the room to a very low dimmer setting (so that it is easy to see the difference). 3) Click on the light and select auto lights.  You will see that the intensity is immediately set back to the default even though the dimmer setting remains visually set to the same level as before.  If your sim is in a different room when you follow the above steps, you will not see the intensity reset until you move the sim into the room and the auto lights come on.

Will add to our list.

Message 12 of 17 (2,179 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this problem again aswell. It was fixed months ago. At least until now. I cant tell if it happened before I got a few stuff packs & get famous over the weekend or if it occured before that already.

For testing I removed most mods. I left some because removing them would remove their settings aswell and they dont have anything to do with lights. I checked the last exception but it didnt indicate anything about lighting settings or any other mods. Cache folder is empty.

So this doesnt appear to be a conflict issue but rather a game issue.

Message 13 of 17 (2,120 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Enabling auto-lights resets light dimmer settings

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm also having this problem (on Windows). I only got back into the game a few months ago and I don't remember the brightness ever not resetting with auto-lights. Embarrassed I don't remember how it was in the years before.

Auto-lights have always reset the brightness -  even in my base game. Now with multiple EPs, GPs and stuff packs installed nothing has changed (for me).

Never used any mods or CC. Over the past months I've emptied the cache and/or repaired from Origin multiple times to fix some other unrelated issues, but the brightness-reset thing hasn't changed. Frown

Message 14 of 17 (2,110 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also experiencing this. I set all lights to their own unique dimmer settings, but then they stay on all the time. I set Auto Lights for ALL lights, then all of the lights immediately jump up to max brightness. This is especially noticeable at night with outdoor lights since they remain on with the automatic setting. When I go back to reset them, the slider bar is at the dimmer setting that I originally set, but I have to move it to get the brightness to change. The automatic setting should only affect when they come on or off, not their color or brightness settings.

Message 15 of 17 (2,025 Views)

★ Novice

Experiencing this right now with the latest game version on Mac. Now I can’t turn auto lights on otherwise they’d look too garish. 

Message 16 of 17 (1,925 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Enabling auto-lights resets light dimmer settings

Hero

Light intensity will no longer reset when setting Auto Lights options.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (3,787 Views)