Re: After School Activity List is blank!

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Empty school activity list if packs not owned

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, vintage glamour stuff, vampires, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, dine out, romantic garden stuff, get to work, luxury party stuff, toddler stuff, backyard stuff, cars and dogs, parenthood, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, tiny living, And discover university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply going into the phone of a child and go to select after school activity
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to a child’s phone and go to pick after school activity the screen will come up without words or options anything at all causing you to hit back and exit the screen
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the potions of what the child can do which is scouts
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve tried quite a few trouble shooting actions but none were successful I really enjoy playing my sims I really hope this problem can be fixed 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 7 of 13 (12,111 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not able to sign up for after school activities

Hero

The option “Join After School Activity” will no longer be available if Simmers don’t have
Seasons or Get Famous packs installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (2,620 Views)

All Replies

After School Activity List is blank!

★★ Novice

I downloaded Parenthood extension pack via Origin yesterday but I noticed a bug. My child Sim wants to attend after school activities and I click the proper section via Phone but the list is fully blank and nothing appears.

Any solution?

Message 1 of 13 (13,286 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@bintalchalabiya wrote:

I downloaded Parenthood extension pack via Origin yesterday but I noticed a bug. My child Sim wants to attend after school activities and I click the proper section via Phone but the list is fully blank and nothing appears.

Any solution?

Currently Sims 4 after school activities are Scouts (Seasons) and Drama Club  (Get Famous).
Do you own these packs and still do not see them under the job/career tab on the phone?
Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.
Instructions are in the link below:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 13 (13,269 Views)

★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Hi, thank you for your answer! I only own university life and parenthood so afterschool activities don’t work if I don’t have the other packs you mentioned? Or should i try second option even if i dont have these packs?
Message 3 of 13 (13,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@bintalchalabiya wrote:
@EuphorialQueenHi, thank you for your answer! I only own university life and parenthood so afterschool activities don’t work if I don’t have the other packs you mentioned? Or should i try second option even if i don't have these packs?

If you do not own those packs (Seasons or Get Famous) your child or teen Sim should not want "to attend after school activities".
I presume you are seeing this as a whim? Are you using mods of custom content of any kind?
That could cause this unexpected whim.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 13 (13,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, and no it's not a whim. I clicked on the phone and noticed "join after school activity" but quickly realized it's blank. I have parenthood and university, but not seasons or get famous. Odd that it is showing up if I can't utilize it. 

Message 5 of 13 (13,190 Views)

Hero

@bintalchalabiya @samanthadianejo 

Could either of you create a bug report in the bug forum for this ? 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (13,120 Views)

Re: Issues with choosing child’s after school activity

Hero
@kikamo089 For afterschool activities for kids you'll need get famous and/or season otherwise there are none availble.

The tab shouldn't really be available in the first place when you don't own the packs I think. There's another thread on this somewhere.

I'll merge later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (12,061 Views)

Re: Issues with choosing child’s after school activity

★★★ Newbie

Oh ok I have every map pack on laptop and working on getting em all for my PS4 since I’m bck playing it but I never knew it went with those two specific packs.   Thank you for the help idk why it even gives me the option that’s such a tease.. 😂 

Message 9 of 13 (12,011 Views)

Not able to sign up for after school activities

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, discover university, get to work, city living, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxery party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. click on child sim 2. click on their mobile phone 3. click on school/work 4. click sign up for after school activity
What happens when the bug occurs? The after school activity box is unable to be seen
What do you expect to see? a list of after school activities that i can sign up my child sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Bug issue with child sim not being able to sign up to after school acivities. 

Message 10 of 13 (3,416 Views)