[FIXED] Editing Relationships: Making Parents

by Volcana

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Editing Relationships: Making Parents

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am no longer able to create parents for my adult sims.  It doesn't matter that the parent is an elder and the child is a young adult.  Some of my created sims are showing up related in my family tree that were never to be related.  They were not even created in the same household.  I created a pair of sisters in one house hold.  In another house hold I added a sibling.  Now all of these sims are brother and sister with their relations showing in the familty tree.

Message 1 of 15 (14,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Editing Relationships: Making Parents

★★★★★ Novice

I've just checked, and no, it seems that it's no longer an issue. I can now create Adult/Elder parents for Young Adults/Adults, even if they're part of an already-played household.

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (14,602 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ? If so, try removing them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (14,342 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with twin YA brothers I created some time ago. Mods/CC haven't appeared to be the issue for me. I can create Adult parents for Young Adults, only if the household is made from scratch, but not with already created families.

Message 3 of 15 (14,321 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I had problems to edit relationships of an existing family also. I was using the cas.fulleditmode cheat, and I could change some relationships (to make two sims sisters, for example), but I couldn't change them from being father/mother/son/daughter.

Message 4 of 15 (14,297 Views)

Hero

I've added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (14,276 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

@Volcana @pekesims @DevilNDisguise7

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (14,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've just checked, and no, it seems that it's no longer an issue. I can now create Adult/Elder parents for Young Adults/Adults, even if they're part of an already-played household.

Message 7 of 15 (14,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That is good news.

Marking this as solved for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (14,225 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi! I know that this is supposed to be a solved issue, but I am still struggling with it. I was able to create a father for the family I've had, but it will not let me create a mother. I chose to create a new sim and merge her with the family. When I did that, I was able to set her as the wife of the father, but when I went to look at the other relationships, they are all greyed out as roommate. It's incredibly frustrating lol especially since I've played with genetics and created 'twins' of my original sim family, deleted the original sims and tried that way and it still considered the twin to be a pre existing sim and would not allow me to create their mother. Help??? 

It's incredibly late so just in case I am not explaining properly, I've included a picture. 

Message 9 of 15 (13,875 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ah finally!! No need to respond, creating the parents first and then adding the pre existing siblings to their family finally solved the problem. I was trying to add the parent to their family which was what was messing things up, but once I tried the reverse everything worked just fine. Standard smile

Message 10 of 15 (13,868 Views)