by Cinderellimouse

Original Post

Re: Relationship bug

Hero

Is it just that one family you have issues with @Cinderellimouse

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 59 (1,408 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've only been working on this one family lately.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Message 52 of 59 (1,405 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

When I started to play with the family, I checked the family tree and it said they WERE married!  So it looks like the issue is just recognising the relationship in CAS.

Message 53 of 59 (1,395 Views)

Hero

When you take them back to CAS, does it show properly then ?

@Cinderellimouse

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 59 (1,390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since the Newest Update only days ago, I am now having this issue too. I wanted to create a mother and father for an already existing sim. In 'Manage Worlds', I clicked on the household and used the 'Pencil' button to go to CAS. However I used Genetics to create a Parent, a mother and the only options for her relationship is Sister or Roommate. I deleted the mother and exited CAS. I tried again with a father this time and the same thing happened. No options for the parent(elder) to be a parent to my existing sim. I even accepted it as it was(Created a parent in Genetics) and then clicked okay to see if it was a CAS glitch. But in the game they were just acquaintances. I have made parents and siblings for existing Sims before with no problems, before the latest update. All my other families and there relationships appear to be fine. Thank-you.

Message 55 of 59 (1,354 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] 'Edit in CAS' cheat messes up relationships

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 59 (1,330 Views)

★★ Guide

Apparently they've eliminated the original problem by preventing updates to the relationship flags after they've been set for any pair of sims therefore you can only insert new sims and add new relationships to the family tree. The new problem is that if you add more than five sims to the household, options become unselectable based on the selections for the first five. The options are grayed out and on hover the popup indicates that 'pre-existing sims cannot be edited' regardless of edit mode. Effectively, family relationships can no longer be updated in any way.

Message 57 of 59 (24,829 Views)

Hero

Ok, Now I don't know what to do with this.

The initial problem was fixed but not the way people will like it.

I'll mark it as solved though as the problem itself was fixed then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 59 (1,308 Views)

Re: [FIXED] 'Edit in CAS' cheat messes up relationships

★★ Novice
I just saved the parents that I wanted to keep together to the gallery. Then deleted the old ones. I had to rebuild their relationship but at least they have the same skills and everything just not the family tree anymore ...
Message 59 of 59 (1,151 Views)