by Cinderellimouse

Original Post

Re: Family relationships messing up

Hero

@AshlynBrooke @deustexmex Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 59 (1,180 Views)

Incest Bug Due To Cas.editfullmode

★ Novice
I wanted to change my female's last name because, it didn't change during her wedding. I took my friend's advice and used the CAS cheat (biggest mistake on my part). My sim's family tree is totally ruined and I have no idea how to truly fix it. Yesterday, I did some research and only came across temporary fixes for this bug - are there any permanent fixes? Thank you.
Message 42 of 59 (1,178 Views)

Re: Incest Bug Due To Cas.editfullmode

Hero

@littlemissdulce Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 59 (1,170 Views)

Relationships

★★★ Newbie

Hi, could you please look into the relationships status. It seems to be ok with a small family but I do like to have a complicated relationships for my sims and the game memory doesnt seem to handle it. I like my sims to have more than one relationships and have children with the different fathers, sims moving out and moving in. It seems to get mess up, especially when the sims age up. Its a little bit frustrating as I have now the 3rd generation and suddenly the mother is displayed as a sister and they all not exectly what they supposed to be.. It happend now a couple of times. Something is defenitely wrong. Please investigate. Many thanks.

Message 44 of 59 (1,149 Views)

Re: Relationships

Hero

@Zdrapka Merged with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 59 (1,142 Views)

Relationship bug

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I want to report two issues i encountered related to the relationship.

First of all, i'm trying to create 2 sisters (young adults) but when i try to edit their relation to sisters, it doesn,t want to work. They stay roommates.

Second, i have a family and all their relation are messed up. I'll try to make it clear :

A is the husband
B is the wife
C is their first child
D is the wife's lover
E and F are B and D's children (but only B knows, she still lives with A, and D is on another lot)

And i don't know what happened, but when i went to edit C, i noticed that all the relationship are messed up.
A and B are spouse.
A and C are brothers. (C is A's son!)
B, E and F are sisters. (E and F are B's daughters with D)
B and C are roommates. (C is B's son with A)
E and F are roommates when they are supposed to be sisters.
C is roommate with E and F when he's supposed to be the stepbrother.

And when i try to edit their relations in CAS, same bug that the issue 1 : i can't change anything, even if it says i should be able to. :/

Some people in the TS4 forum also reported this bug, so i don,t know if you're aware. But anyway, hope you can fix it soon. Standard smile

Message 46 of 59 (1,107 Views)

Re: Relationship bug

★ Apprentice

I've noticed that in general, reassigning traits and relationships for pre-created sims is quite buggy, but only for households which are saved through edits at the Manage Worlds screen (this bug doesn't apply for households autosaved at the start of play). For instance, if starting a new game and importing a household which was saved via Manage Worlds, you are supposed to be able to reassign traits and household relationships. The household relationships don't clean up properly after reassignment though, which can lead to awkward situations. Two examples:

1. Household with Sim A, B and C originally has Sim A and B married. Household saved to library via Manage Worlds. Importing this household into a new game and reassigning Sim B and Sim C to be married does not clear the spousal status of Sim A and B resulting in accidental polygamy. This bug does *not* happen if you do a reassignment in the household copy that was autosaved when you first begin play

2. Household with Sim A the spouse of Sim B is saved to library via Manage Worlds. Starting a new game with this household and attempting to reassign Sim A and B to have a sibling relationship does not clear their spousal status

3. Sim A was originally created with the romantic trait, but was later repurposed as another character without the romantic trait. The sim in question doesn't have any of the highlighted options that normally go with the romantic trait (and has the proper interaction set for her new set of traits), but still gets the Tense Lovelorn moodlet from not getting enough love.

Message 47 of 59 (1,055 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 59 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I wonder if this is now fixed with this patch

Any feedback appreciated

• Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from editing the relationships of a household that was downloaded from the Gallery and merged with a currently non-played household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 59 (959 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue with relationships.

I'm creating a family in CAS (new family, not taken back into CAS from live mode) and I cannot set the relationship for husband and wife.  The option is visible, but when I click on it nothing happens, they remain as 'room-mates'.  I tried unsetting all the other relationships, and I tried turning the adults into children (to reset the relationships) and then back again.  Nothing works!

I tried saving them to the library and then bringing them back into CAS.  Nope. 

I tried removing my mods folder.  Nope.

I've been editing the family for a couple of days and had combined households from the library, so the husband and wife had actually been part of two different households at one point.  I don't know if that might be part of the issue.

I do have the new Newcrest patch installed and I have all the packs.

Link to a screenshot on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cinderellimouse/status/609645415588364288 

*hands Crin an offering of cookies and a pillow and runs away*

Message 50 of 59 (951 Views)