Re: Family relationships messing up

by deustexmex

Original Post

Re: Relationships being weird. Children are now parents' siblings

[ Edited ]
Hero

I removed the solution from this thread since there are obviously still issues.

EDIT: @shellbeme merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 59 (895 Views)

Relationship bug

★★★ Newbie
While playing sims 4 my sim gave birth to a girl, I got annoyed at how she looked for I edited in cas and as soon as I finished doing that she was no longer my sims daughter but her sister. This is a strange bug that actually annoys me. Anyone else had this happen?
Message 32 of 59 (863 Views)

Re: Relationship bug

Hero

@acidreaper1 Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 59 (859 Views)

Married parent Sims status reset to default roommate

★★★ Newbie

Married sims relationship status reset to default roommate level and status after changing appearance in a mirror.

Message 34 of 59 (861 Views)

Re: Married parent Sims status reset to default roommate

★★★ Novice

I have 4 sisters and three of them said sibling and one said roommate.  Maybe they hated her?  Personally, she was my favourite of the bunch.

Message 35 of 59 (856 Views)

Relationship errors help.

★★★ Newbie
Ok here is the problem I'm having which is so annoying lol here's an example:

A woman sim has 2 kids and a man sim with 2 kids, they meet get married and have another 2 kids between them and when checking the relationships it'll say that the woman's first 2 kids have now become her brother and sister or his kids are a sibling of his wife or that his kids are now roommates??

Thanks.
Message 36 of 59 (861 Views)

Re: Relationship errors help.

★★ Apprentice

Have you used the fulleditmode cheat? This corrupts the relationships between sims. You can't use it with families unfortunately. 

This page should help you fix the relationships that have been corrupted

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781689/bug-fix-spouse-became-your-sibling-these-commands-...

Hope this helps!

Message 37 of 59 (858 Views)

Re: Married parent Sims status reset to default roommate

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PatiDentata Merged

@mylilmorgan Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 59 (849 Views)

Family relationships messing up

★ Novice

I'll have two sims try for baby, and when the baby is born, the father will have the baby listed as "brother/sister" instead of "son/daughter." If the couple has other kids it will list the baby as their "nephew/neice" instead of "brother/sister."

Message 39 of 59 (852 Views)

Re: Family relationships messing up

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. Whenever they have a new kid, even if I make one with genetics, in-game the child is always the mother's sister/brother even though the father is properly listed. The other children in the family are all nieces and nephews of the new child. This happened to a child they had already had too. Suddenly he was his half brother's uncle. I've stopped playing because this really killed it for me.

Message 40 of 59 (833 Views)