[FIXED] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: Acting Disgusted When Eating EVERYTHING

Community Manager (retired)

@EngineerDaisho We don't still need saves, I was able to figure the issue out and reproduce it reliably. Thanks very much for letting me know that it happens the opposite way though (Likes Fruitcake trait causing Sims to react positively to poor-quality food), it's very much appreciated! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 47 (1,543 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

★★★★★ Apprentice

Was wondering why my sim kept making disgusting actions. Thought it was because of the quality, but it was normal and she didn't have a fame quirk for it. Ate a quick meal of animal crackers and came being grossed out. She had fruitcake earlier when the welcome wagon came.

Message 42 of 47 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This has NOT been fixed in all recent patches. Sim is still reacting enthousiatistcally to all food.

Message 43 of 47 (1,417 Views)

★ Pro

@alanmichael1  I always read your posts because past experience on this forum has shown me that whatever bug you are experiencing is usually also in my game. In this instance, I was surprised to see you still have the fruitcake reaction persisting still occurring because I thought it was fixed, based on two moves made with the same sim recently. In both instances, I allowed him to eat the fruitcake during the welcome wagon event and he didn't like it. However, the moodlet ended and his reaction to other foods returned to normal.

I do know you play in Dutch and I play in English so wondered if A) the bug has been fixed in the English version but not Dutch, or, B) something about the sim I used allowed the moodlet to correctly end in my game. The sim in my game was Dustin Broke, a pre-made. When I placed him in an apt. he was already a B-Lister celebrity and had the refined palate quirk. I wondered if the refined palate quirk somehow had the effect of not allowing the creation of a continuing reaction, thus enabling the sim to continue to exhibit reactions to food quality.

Well, it isn't the refined palate quirk, this is fixed in my game. Over the past couple of days I have tried it out in three different sim households. Some sims were celebrities with the quirk and others had no reputation or celebrity status. In all cases, after the timer for the moodlet expired, both negative and positive (yeah, one sim actually liked it, lol), reaction to the fruitcake did not persist when the sims resumed eating other foods. I'm back to thinking perhaps this just isn't fixed in the Dutch version of the game that you use but of course, I have no way of knowing for sure.  Sometimes this game is just odd with issues for some but not all.

Message 44 of 47 (1,386 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@dolldrms1 Hi, I'm playing in German but I don't think language plays a role in this case. My current Sim liked the fruit cake and is now reacting euphorically to all food.

I think this is just hit and miss, exactly like the celebrity quirks - sometimes they go away after losing the status and sometimes not.
Message 45 of 47 (1,374 Views)

★ Pro
@alanmichael1 My apology for getting the game language wrong. I should have looked back rather than depending on memory, which can be faulty.

I don't doubt for an instant your sim exhibiting the fruitcake reaction. The game can be hit and miss at times so perhaps I just got lucky that one sim of mine who liked the fruitcake didn't have a stuck reaction to it. I don't care for fruitcake in RL and found myself apologizing to the sims I fed it to, lol. Think I'll go back to avoiding it like the plague Standard smile
Message 46 of 47 (1,360 Views)

Hero

Sims that dislike Fruitcake no longer react negatively to all other food. On the other Sims that like Fruitcake no longer will react positively to Poor Quality foods.
- You can say the Fruitcake was the culprit, jury is still out on that one.
- - Objection! Maybe not…

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Again ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 47 (6,595 Views)