[FIXED] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

★★★ Newbie

I still have the bug in my game. A new save started post patch 2018/07/10.

I haven't tried any of the workaround suggested above. Will do to see if it provides a solution for my Sim. That said, I still expect a fix for the bug.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I can confirm only 1 Sim in 1 household since I haven't played much until recently.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: All but Seasons - GP: All - SP: Perfect Patio, Movie SP, Romantic Garden, Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim ate a slice of the fruitcake brought by neighbours during the Welcome Wagon Scenario. She didn't like it. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Whatever the meals she's eaten afterward, she always does the same animation and noises showing disgust, as with the fruitcake for a sim who doesn't like it. 
What do you expect to see? Her reaction to any meal but fruitcake should be normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't know. For a long time, I had the bug where the neighbours would eat some slices of the fruitcake they brought during the Welcome Wagon scenario, but as they would never put out the dish on a table, my own sims could never eat it themselves. And I don't have them bake it usually, so they don't have the opportunity to show like/dislike of the fruitcake. 

Message 11 of 47 (2,085 Views)

Hero
Was it a new Sim as well or did you download it from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 47 (2,070 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. Just make a new fruitcake. Your Sims can bake fruit cake by themselfes. Should be an option with the "gourmet cooking" skill . If Sims eat the fruitcake a second time, the bug will be fixed.

Message 13 of 47 (2,056 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

If someone still encountering this issue?

Thank you very much!

Message 14 of 47 (2,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm currently having this issue in my game @SimGuruIcarus

Message 15 of 47 (1,972 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @SaveZeIda

Would you be willing to share your save file with us?

We have not been able to reproduce this issue so far and that would help us a lot Standard smile

You can find the instructions here.

Thank you!

Message 16 of 47 (1,940 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sure thing! mh4515's advice fixed my problem by the way (: Here is my saves folder - hopefully i uploaded it correctly. Thanks (:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArdBSfDVUEVWiAMuc0YTPUpB16_y

Message 17 of 47 (1,917 Views)

Champion
Still encountering this. Was hard to test because my sims always usually make excellent meals. But managed to spot a sim with the Enthuse About Fruitcake action still active on them and when they ate a normal quality Ham and Cheese Sandwich they were acting like it was the most amazing thing they ever tasted (reacting as if it was excellent food even though it was only normal.

Haven't seen the disgusted reaction version of this for a while though (where the sim hates fruitcake and acts the same disgust for every food). Could be I just haven't had a sim who hates fruitcake for a while.

Since the situation is identical, the previous save I linked with the original post should still be the best option to test with.
Message 18 of 47 (1,853 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing's happening to me, although I don't think eating the cake a second time fixes it. Frown At least not in my game.

Message 19 of 47 (1,811 Views)

Hero

Hi @CMYKAY

you need to use the gourmet version of the fruitcake

Did you do that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 47 (1,798 Views)