Re: Buggy buildmode in all lots in Grims Quarry

by Knazysauce

Original Post

sims 4 lot help

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

when i today open a lot in  evergreen harbor  everything around the lot are blue. I deleted all mu cc but the issue are there still.  Its only happen in evergreen harbor

Message 51 of 133 (2,299 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] World looks like under water/no ground (Build mode from map)

★★ Novice

Evergreen Harbor looks awful... EA needs to fix this yesterday. 7 years in yet the game still has these types of bugs. Ridiculous

Message 52 of 133 (2,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bust the Dust and Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Evergreen Harbor (Eco Lifestyle Pack), when you click on the lot and go there. The neighborhood look a little bit like its under water.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing its only visual. but I haven't tested it in game-mode. Just about every lot I enter in Evergreen Harbor, the ground is missing and it looks like each lot is surrounded by water. I can even see reflections in the water even though it's supposed to ground not water.
What do you expect to see? Proper ground surrounding the lots in Evergreen Harbor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. But issue persists with removal of mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't know as I don't go into Evergreen Harbour often, last time I entered that world was maybe 6 months ago, so within the last 6 months.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Every gamepatch and update, as I use origin and it does automatically. I also just tried repairing my game and the problem persists across multiple saves.

Message 53 of 133 (2,254 Views)

Buggy buildmode in all lots in Grims Quarry

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All games packs (-Journey to Batuu), All stuffpacks (-My first pet & Moschino) no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to neigborhood included in Eco Lifestyle (Evergreen Harbor) and go to the sub neighborhood Grims Quarry and enter buildmode from the mapview.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some parts disappears from the world like streets etc making the lot look like its floating on nothing.
What do you expect to see? A full world around my lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, 
I'm quite unsure when this actually started happening as I haven't used this part of the world (Evergreen Harbor) for a long time. I looked at the other parts of the neigborhood and it seems to only happen to every lot in Grims Quarry. Hard to explain so I've posted pictures but it happens ONLY in buildmode from the mapview so not while playing live with a sim. But I'd like to build on "The Quarry Building" community space without it looking so glitchy.

Happens with or without mods and I don't know how to repair the game with the new EA Launcher. So if anyone can just confirm this in their game?

Message 54 of 133 (2,428 Views)

Map Loss

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Simplified Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I enter all four districts in this area, I find the ground of the uncontrol place has been lost. I will show you the scanning screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I enter this map, each time.
What do you expect to see? The whole map.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Restart the game or my PC. And the problem will happen in the new archive.

You will find the problem in the pictures I provide for you.

Message 55 of 133 (2,391 Views)

Hero
@Knazysauce I merged your post although your lots are looking a bit different than this thread, from the description on how it happened, it sounds like the same issue.

Can you try travelling there with a Sim in live mode mode to see if it corrects itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 133 (2,370 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you for the merge.
Yes and no, like I mentioned in live mode it doesn't appear but as soon as I go into the world map view and then enter the buildmode for any of the lots it happens again. It's not a major problem, since you can work around it through live mode but surely it should be addressed and fixed at one point.
Message 57 of 133 (2,343 Views)

Hero
@Knazysauce so going to live mode once doesn't' fix it permanently for you ? Does it occur in build mode if you enter from live mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 133 (2,334 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It seems fine now I had to reinstall the game and for now it seems like it's working. Don't know if it's something that reoccurs. Thank you for your help tho
Message 59 of 133 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. 

Message 60 of 133 (2,222 Views)